Parachuting Containers.

Jeff

I know you can already have these set up like helicopter crash sites to spawn in at random areas around the map, but I want a new twist on it, instead of being spawned in on the ground is there any way to have these spawned in parachuting to the ground and then have the loot spawn in around them? Or since I have the animated heli crash sites have them be deployed on the helicopters flying around once they get a waypoint to go and crash to?

I've already implemented the animated crash sites on my server. I want to know if I can have them deploy a cargo drop or just have random cargo drops dropped around the map.

The code you want is in day_server.pbo compiles. I think its spawn_carepackages.sqf but not sure
- try learning about how the animated heli crashes works, and how the btc parachute drop works, and then write it into the carepackages code to spawn it from a heli that drops it using the parachute.

Looking into the animated helicopter crash site forum, according to Grafzahl the regular cargo drop parachutes and any others besides the ones you eject with are banned from dayz, so either my idea is completely scrapped or I'm going to need help working around this, I already know having a cargo drop with a regular parachute will not look right at all. I've been looking through some cargo supply drop coding and trying to figure out if there is a work around with the parachutes. Any help would be great.

Looking into the animated helicopter crash site forum, according to Grafzahl the regular cargo drop parachutes and any others besides the ones you eject with are banned from dayz, so either my idea is completely scrapped or I'm going to need help working around this, I already know having a cargo drop with a regular parachute will not look right at all. I've been looking through some cargo supply drop coding and trying to figure out if there is a work around with the parachutes. Any help would be great.
I don't know what's unbanned/banned, but as a server admin I got tired of rocket's shit so I just installed rMod - everything is unbanned now.

I know parachute_west is unbanned, try checking out the killed a hacker line (I think it's in server_cleanup.sqm or whatever) - it should say parachute_west in there near as an exception to the killed a hacker line, you could add another exception for the type of chute you want to use.

Others have had success with paradropping cars/stuff with the BTC lift script, but I haven't done this myself yet so I'm not sure.

Yea, I just don't want to have to install rMod and have everyone else need it as well, I'll have to look more into the exception in the server.pbo and figure out what to put in to add in the cargo drop parachute, the BTC lift script kept giving me server issues with banning everyone trying to use it apparently even following step by step so I took that out, I'll just need to sit down and wrap my brain around it to try and fix everything. I'm still new to scripting so I would like to do this project somehow.

Well, it will take some time, but if you learn from the code enough you can make it do what you want.

I don't use BE, but there's surely a way to make it work with BTC - and if they've got parachutes working of the right type there without rmod, you don't need it because the model isn't banned, it just gets destroyed if you create it.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how everything works and how I will need to write it to work properly, so at some point later today, I'm going to try to start writing it...

Hey, this would be something awesome, i was trying to get something similar working for awhile till i jsut moved onto other script debugging, but heres a script you may find usefull on getting something like this to work, or a general idea about where to start

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14637

but for some reason i now cant spawn C130Js on my server, they used to work, i never touched the spawns or any DB info, but now they dont lol

Back