Particles spawned on some objects.

Sandbird

Valued Member!
I am trying to do something similar to the snow effect like this script : http://opendayz.net/threads/adding-snow-to-your-server.12523/ (I am pretty sure a lot are familiar with it.)

I developed the script in the editor and even tested it on the MPmission (not dayz...simple arma MPmission) and it was working fine.....but then i tried to add it to my epoch test server....and realized that spawning particles from the dayz_server.pbo will not show them on the clients :/

I want the server to spawn the particles to whatever object has "setVariable ["particle"] on it. It can be anything....a tent, a car, a box..

Right now I am trying on a vehicle like this...(it works fine in SP)

Code:
_veh  = createVehicle[_cClassName,_coords,[],0,"NONE"];
_veh setVariable ["DZAI",1,true];
_veh setVariable ["particle",1,true];
[_veh] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\custom\particle.sqf";

And in my particle.sqf i grab the _veh and spawn particles on top of it with the drop command
similar to this

Code:
drop ["\ca\data\cl_water", "", "Billboard", 1, 7, _dpos, [0,0,-1], 1, 0.0000001, 0.000, 0.7, [0.07], [[1,1,1,0], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1]], [0,0], 0.2, 1.2, "", "", ""];

Now my guess is that the particles spawn just fine....but they spawn on the server
tongue.png
. How can i send it to the clients to see ?

The biggest problem is that the objects are created by the server....not the clients....so i cant add this to the missions.pbo since there is nothing there to execute the script.

Any ideas?

Back