Planning to rent a server- But what mod?

asaguda

I'm posting this because I feel like I'm trying to navigate a minefield.
Some context; I used to have an Epidemic server but eventually it died off and I stopped paying for it. (And it was not public so.. might have been the issue.)
Now I'm missing having my own server to play on, I miss seeing regular players and recognizing them, I miss being praised for being a good server owner who doesn't cheat using the map tools and the like, and I started considering renting a server again.

And this is where the minefield comes in. I haven't been keeping up to date with most DayZ related news apart from standalone and the single mod I still play on occasion, and it seems there are loads of mods and various maps out there, half of them appear to be dead or are shifting/discontinuing to move to Arma 3 and I just don't really know what's current or not anymore.

I think I've tried to look up all the mods I could find, look for a list of key features and try to decide which ones I like, but in the midst of loads of mods that haven't updated for half a year, that are dead or officially discontinued- And worst of all, I don't even know if anyone plays them anymore. It's just difficult to settle for one.

So.. What mods have you played the past few months? Do you remember what you liked or didn't like about them? Is the Arma 2 DayZ mod scene mostly dead by now, even?
I wouldn't mind giving credit to those who help me reach a decision in the way of a server message of the day or whatever.

Last edited:
Thats why mine is regular :p i just simply think epoch is a bit to buggy and havent had good luck with it

Back