Player forcefeild bases

So on my server you can donate for a player forcefeild around you're base and i use TSW to keep the sheilds up but latetly it has been crashing and i was wondering if there was another way to add them i tried the protected dome way http://dayz.st/w/Protected_Dome but i try it and i just get wait for host no matter what i try can anyone tell me a different way?

1.8.0.3 ... i tried it and my server stuck at wait for host so obvis i knew somthing was off with the startup.... and also i need to add about 4-5 bases not just 1

In my signature, I have a link for my old Overwatch 2.5 PBOs. Feel free to download so you can take a look and use as a reference. Look in the December PBO folder. Open 12-16-2013 (all folders have the dome script), then open dayz_mission folder, there you will see another folder called "dome". In that folder you will see I have 8 protection domes. So I know having more than 1 is possible as I've used 8.

The most likely cause is an error somewhere in your mission.pbo, most likely where you added the sensors for the protected dome. If you post your mission.sqm and .rpt log I am happy to take a look.

The most likely cause is an error somewhere in your mission.pbo, most likely where you added the sensors for the protected dome. If you post your mission.sqm and .rpt log I am happy to take a look.
Indeed. Attention to detail is key when manually adding scripts. Really, I wouldn't even need youtr rpt file, just post your mission.pbo and I'd be happy to lend a second set of eyes next to Ghostriders.

Thank you Chris it helps to see one that is already layed out so i can get a feeling on what mine should look like ill try to add them again and if it doesnt work ill let ya take a look at the mission file if you would be so kind

The errors are in rpt log saying this
7:45:21 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 24: '/Sensors/Item1.a': Missing ';' at the end of line
7:45:21 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 70: '/Sensors/Item3.expDesactiv': Missing ';' prior '}'

Anyway ill just show you what my mission.sqm looks like cause thats where the prob is

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\mission.sqm"

class Sensors
{
items=8;
class Item0
{
position[]={403.589,10429.8,0.374};
a=30;
b=35;
angle=27.797501;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="dome1";
expCond="(vehicle player) in thislist;";
expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome1.sqf"";";
expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe and come back alive."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
class Effects
{
};
};
class Item1
{
position[]={1536.24,2050.4,0.0016101};
a=30
b=35;
angle=35;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="dome2";
expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome2.sqf"";";
expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe and come back alive."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
class Effects
{
};
};
class Item2
{
position[]={3339.82,14234.3,0.002};
a=30;
b=35;
angle=50;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="dome3";
expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome3.sqf"";";
class Effects
{
};
};
class Item3
{
position[]={7098.81,15020.2,0.001};
a=30;
b=35;
angle=140;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="dome4";
expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome4.sqf"";";
expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe and come back alive."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];"};
class Effects
{
};
};

Last edited:
i did it and this came up in the rpt
13:42:08 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 24: '/Sensors/Item1.a': Missing ';' at the end of line

okay and sorry to bother you so much but i dont know why the messages arent showing when i go to the areas... what i did was take coords like this [199,[1706.89,10735.3,0]] and remove the brackets and the first number so its 1706.89,10735.3,0 and then i plugged it in... is that the wrong way to get them?

Your dome coords should look like this, and the same way you have posted originally: {6712.36,50.00,6935.78}

As you said:
what i did was take coords like this [199,[1706.89,10735.3,0]] and remove the brackets and the first number

It shouldn't have brackets, the coords should have { and }. I.e., {1706.89,10735.3,0}.

And I made a mistake about the domes in my folders on my Onedrive, my dome coords and code is in the mission.sqm. My dome.sqf just have the dome message for when players enter and leave.

Hey Chris. Guess I will ask this here because it's related to what this member is trying to accomplish. I looked through your mission file. Mainly the dome protection. Did you have issues where players could parachute in through the top of the dome without detection.

Hey Chris. Guess I will ask this here because it's related to what this member is trying to accomplish. I looked through your mission file. Mainly the dome protection. Did you have issues where players could parachute in through the top of the dome without detection.

No, I did not. The "forcefield" is an actual dome shaped, invisible barrier. It's highest point is it's center. It isn't a perimeter type barrier. I had the height of the dome set at 50 meters. Example, take a ball, basketball, soccer ball, and cut it in half, you have a dome. Now anything under that half of the ball is protected (sorry if that's a dumb way of describing it). That's exactly how the dome works, it protects everything underneath/inside of it.

Geodesic-dome-greenhouse.jpg

Example of a dome in which relates to the dome script.
I have heard things like certain skins making the dome penetrable, but in my 8 months of running a server, the dome script always worked to perfection for me.

But like the example image, it kept everyone out, unless their UID matched the UID in the script, then they could go in without consequence.

Hope that helps explain it.

Last edited:
so they should look like this chris? [199,[1706.89,10735.3,0]]
Nope...

Code:
class Sensors

{
        items=8;
        class Item0        //Echo Base, West of Zelenogorsk
        {
            position[]={2062.7261,50.00,5254.9678};
            a=30;
            b=35;
            angle=27.797501;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome1";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome1.sqf"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item1        //Delta Base, East Coast, near 3 Valleys
        {
            position[]={13379.92,50.00,4943.6489};
            a=30
            b=35;
            angle=35;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome2";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome2.sqf"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item2        //Charlie Base, North of NWAF
        {
            position[]={3987.2581,50.00,11649.839};
            a=30;
            b=35;
            angle=50;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome3";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome3.sqf"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item3        //Bravo Base, West of Stary
        {
            position[]={-35.366558,50.00,1170.3959};
            a=30;
            b=35;
            angle=140;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome4";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome4.sqf"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item4        //Admin BASE, Stary Sobar
        {
            position[]={6481.9751,287.17474,7411.8232};
            a=80;
            b=80;
            angle=90;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome5";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome5.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe, the Survivors depend on your leadership."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item5        //Foxtrot Base, South coast, West of Kamenka
        {
            position[]={1089.1484,50.00,2389.5325};
            a=30;
            b=35;
            angle=90;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome6";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome6.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe out there and come back alive."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item6        //Pobeda Damn Base, North of dam and Northwest side of lake
        {
            position[]={9228.93,50.00,13831};
            a=30;
            b=35;
            angle=74;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome7";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome7.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate dome; titleText [""Stay safe out there and come back alive."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
        class Item7        //Hill near Admin Base, Owner Private Camp
        {
            position[]={6712.36,50.00,6935.78};
            a=30;
            b=35;
            angle=74;
            activationBy="WEST";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="dome8";
            expActiv="dome = [] execVM ""dome\dome8.sqf"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
    };

Look at my code, this, position[]={6712.36,50.00,6935.78}; is how your coords should look. Coords are designated by X, Y, and Z. Although not in that order. The actual order DayZ uses is...X, Z, Y. Think of X as latitude, Y as longitude and Z as height. I hope I'm not confusing you. As long as you follow the instructions perfectly from http://dayz.st/w/Protected_Dome, you shouldn't have any problems.

Back