player markers and player_chopWood questions

13mknight

I have just a few hopefully quick questions.

One. Does anyone have any ideas / solutions about coding a way to make players stand out. Like for example if i wanted to make a certain persons location known to the whole server via a moving map marker something like that? or maybe like on the map when a player is visible you can see his/her map marker (bandit, survivor, sniper, yada yada) but have the marker there no matter if the player is in visible range or not? something like that would work though i'd perfect something visible without having to stop to look at the map. anyway any ideas / solutions to that would be great.

and second. the player_chopWood.sqf in dayz_code\actions is not called in fn_self_actions like most of these seem to be. i know that its one of those that you rightclick the item in your inventory to do this in game. I could do what i want by making this into a fn_self_actions edit however id perfer to keep it a right click. if i knew what allows that to be possible in game code wise i think i could figure the rest out.

Thanks.

Back