Players Spawn Cars (MENU)

QueZ

Hey guys,

I really need help with something. We run a Deathmatch PVP Fallujah server know as QUEZ. We have many awesome features on it and mostly thanks to this wonderful website. Some of it scripted by me. But I am at a block as I would like to add only ONE more feature. Players can spawn a Vehicle (like a hacker) but a server script so it's legit of course. I know they don't save after a restart but who cares if you can just spawn it after restart. Besides we're use to reseting vehicles 3 times a day to make sure players have some at spawn point to ride back to battle.

Now I have an admin menu where I can do this live in-game. Open menu, spawn vehicle, choose vehicle in list and voila, vehicle is ready to use.

I want my players to be able to do this with a few exceptions/limitations of course. Why do I want this you ask? Because we don't want to have to spawn 500 vehicles which makes the server laggy as hell. We need this many vehicles. Our server is almost 40/40 players all the time. We have a popular server where players are use to have many vehicles available at spawn points so they can ride back to the battle faster (REMEMBER pvp deathmatch server) players don't come here to survive or hoard vehicles.

So what do I need?

1 - A server side/PBO script that will allow all players to spawn vehicle(s).
2- I need to it be Keyboard Key activated or Scroll Wheel.
3- Limit time between use. e.g. You can only spawn a vehicle once every 5 minutes.
4- A way for me to add vehicles or remove from the list.

So what do you think? Is this possible. I know it is... only I have run out of time and patience and really need help.

I am using Reality Database. My PBO's are dayz_1.fallujah.pbo and dayz_server.pbo but also have access to every single file I would need from my server.

Thanks guys.

I might be able to help you out with this one. but i need to know what admin script are you using? Cause if it the one I am thinking of then you can alter it and use it for all players.

I might be able to help you out with this one. but i need to know what admin script are you using? Cause if it the one I am thinking of then you can alter it and use it for all players.

Well I used BluePheonix Admin Tool and modified it so only the Vehicle menu shows up (removed everything else), I was also able to make it public just fine and it shows up for anyone. However as soon as I spawn the vehicle and get close, it disappears in front of me instantly. I did absolutely everything right during install in my opinion.

Now all I need to do is make the vehicle stay (or even better disapear once all players leave the vehicle would be epic). Also need to make it limited use like once every 5 minutes.

I would be happy to hear your thoughts :)

Well I used BluePheonix Admin Tool and modified it so only the Vehicle menu shows up (removed everything else), I was also able to make it public just fine and it shows up for anyone. However as soon as I spawn the vehicle and get close, it disappears in front of me instantly. I did absolutely everything right during install in my opinion.

Now all I need to do is make the vehicle stay (or even better disapear once all players leave the vehicle would be epic). Also need to make it limited use like once every 5 minutes.

I would be happy to hear your thoughts :)

You need to edit the server_updateObject <- server side, the vehicles have an invalid ID and that file deletes things with invalid IDs.
You can see there is an override not to delete the parachutes, What I do is set the Sarge variable to the vehicles and in the update file, I check to see that if that variable is set on the "vehicle" then dont delete it - since it has an invalid ID.

If you don't mind me asking ...what did you do to make it public to anyone...im trying to accomplish this for selective loadouts.

Back