Possible to publish to new table in database?

guess the main reason is not having ObjectID at hand after publishing an object to the database. as 308 function now returns ObjectID you should be able to solve this.

dont expect such issues here, as i dont read back all objects from the database but the object just published. so there is just one record returned from the database here!

no need to stream all in again using 999. simply save ObjectID as returned by 308 to the objects variable space as ObjectID. as soon as this variable is available its used instead of ObjectUID in all functions i have found! as you said, you can use ObjectID for all your modifications done (delete, update, ...) to objects in the database.

btw. forgot to mention, there is a slight delay in this function. so don't call it in a timecritial script. i added a 1 sec delay between writing the object to the database and reading back ObjectID, as the database seems to need some time before the id is available. might be possible to reduce this timeout, but did not do further testing as this is no issue to me. but it should be possible to reduce this wait time.

You wouldn't use C++, you'd use VB Net or C#...

I'm sorry for the confusion, I should've clarified. I was not referring to your comment about Arma2Net ( with the MySQL plugin) , but prefacing my comment that followed that statement.
2147483647 - highest value of a signed int....
yada yada.
I don't know C++ , so I'm not really the one to take on a task like changing a datatype around in a project like HiveExt.
However, thank you for the Arma2Net recommendation. I've looked at that again and again (especially when eyeballing the MSO ) and always put playing with it back. This time, I had something I actually needed it for. Thanks again. :)

Back