Problems with weight system.

Fw. Steiner

Hi open dayZ community
My name is Fw. Steiner, i´m community Admin for DE993 "dayZ Forum net " Finest have installed the new pre-release software on my server, but we have some problems with the weight system. some parts are too heavy with the new update... we have installed some custom heli crashsides on the map it looks really good. with the rusted Mi 21 helis.. here you find a M16 or M14 aim as a small loot. and some stanag /dmr mags. theses items are not part of the vers. 2.0 . and here are the problem of that.

Our community players love that rusty crashsides.. can you support us .. or. better integrate that in the 2.1 update :)
Next problem.. the gyrocopter was nice. bring it back please.

and at last.... list the vers. 2.0 in the Dayz commander as soon as possible, we miss a lot of our players.

sry for my bad english,
Greetings Fw. Steiner

I'm sure the devs can speak to this better than I, but the extreme weight on weapons that aren't part of 2017 is part of an anti-hack feature... making it pointless for hackers to spawn in weapons that aren't a part of DayZ 2017 - it's a brilliant feature, in my opinion. It seems that what you want would break that anti-hack feature. However, there are the M16 and M4 have been added to 2017 - with a cool 2017 twist, so... now folks can have more weapons that actually fit into the 2017 theme.

And, I saw a gyrocopter in v. 2 - the red Mozzie. Have the other gyro's been removed?

I'm sure the devs can speak to this better than I, but the extreme weight on weapons that aren't part of 2017 is part of an anti-hack feature... making it pointless for hackers to spawn in weapons that aren't a part of DayZ 2017 - it's a brilliant feature, in my opinion. It seems that what you want would break that anti-hack feature. However, there are the M16 and M4 have been added to 2017 - with a cool 2017 twist, so... now folks can have more weapons that actually fit into the 2017 theme.

And, I saw a gyrocopter in v. 2 - the red Mozzie. Have the other gyro's been removed?
You worded that pretty much perfect entspeak.
And I'm not trying to be a dick here or anything, but it was also a thing to combat things like this: server admins ruining the 2017 experience by doing stuff like this.

Btw entspeak: actually, everything except the red one should be in the game. The server you are on is probably not set up right.

Oh... it was Shin's server the day we were talking about bandages - I saw it at the NWAF. That's the only one I knew how to fly - lol. I will miss it.

Yup, just went onto Shin's server and the Mozzie is still there... someone's parked it on an inaccessible rooftop, but it's still at the NWAF.

@gdsci "server admins ruining the 2017 experience by doing stuff like this."

wtf...really good support i love those.... comments

@gdsci "server admins ruining the 2017 experience by doing stuff like this."

wtf...really good support i love those.... comments
Let me explain myself.

Our loottables have been perfected over multiple weeks of hard work to try and get the ultimate balance. Then, when one admin decides to put a M14 in there that doesn't fit to the other weapons at all, a person joining that server who doesn't know anything about the mod will think "Wtf, this doesnt fit in the game at all".
Then, he posts on a forum, gives bad comments about the mod and then no-one that didn't know about the mod would play it. This is obviously not what we want.

There's a reason why there are no crashsites by default in 2017. Same with the M14.

So if you really want to do it, you will have to change our anti-hack methods yourself. We are not going to provide support for something which ruins the reputation of our mod.

This is also an effective way to deal with hackers who spawn items in. Why would we offer support to undo what we set out to prevent? If banned weapons in DayZ 2017 is what people want then there are other variations of the DayZ mod to choose from.

I agree. 2017 has a particular theme, a particular focus... having automatic weapons with 30 round mags isn't part of that. I've continually heard people say that the M14 and M16 are part of 2017 - because admins have been offering them... I've seen admins simply spawning them in and offering them to people. It creates an incredibly unlevel playing field for those of us actually interested in playing the mod as it was designed.

2.0 is a tough update to adapt to... I'm certainly not a fan of some of the changes, but this is one change I was happy to see. I'm tired of being unpleasantly surprised when I hear M14, AK and Stanag firing on full auto... to see the kill messages and then seeing those killed players leave the server. I'm tired of investing time in a 2017 server only to have the admin come on and drop off M16's and M14's in Cherno. It's lame, it's not what the mod is about and I'm glad the devs were able to take a step to keep a core aspect of their mod intact.

It's one thing to ask for support, it's another to ask the devs to sacrifice a core aspect of the mod.

The red gyro is bugged in terms of textures.
No emoticon can express the sadness... :) I never had a problem with it in 1.1... it was noisy as hell - I had it idling at the NWAF, died and could hear it in Cherno, but never noticed any other issue - apart from the disappearing passenger issue... which I thought meant a cargo addition and rtm. Something I'd given thought to playing around with, but couldn't do anything with since I couldn't open up the model in Oxygen. Ah, well... sad to see it gone, it was my favorite vehicle.

Edit:

Lee... You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment. ;) And, who doesn't love a bit of a bite of Ben Jonson. :)

No emoticon can express the sadness... :) I never had a problem with it in 1.1... it was noisy as hell - I had it idling at the NWAF, died and could hear it in Cherno, but never noticed any other issue - apart from the disappearing passenger issue... which I thought meant a cargo addition and rtm. Something I'd given thought to playing around with, but couldn't do anything with since I couldn't open up the model in Oxygen. Ah, well... sad to see it gone, it was my favorite vehicle.

Edit:

Lee... You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment. ;) And, who doesn't love a bit of a bite of Ben Johnson. :)
The red gyro made errors pop up on joining a server, which is not something we'd want ;)
Also, you can't open the model because the file is binarized. You could ask shinkicker for it though, maybe he's willing to share :)

Oh... that's why that's what that optika heli paa error is about and why it still pops up when I join Shin's server. Yeah, I knew binarization was the reason why I couldn't open it... it just shows the bounding box. Is it Shin, I'd have to ask? Or would I have to go to CSJ for permission to play with the cargo animation?

Oh... that's why that's what that optika heli paa error is about and why it still pops up when I join Shin's server. Yeah, I knew binarization was the reason why I couldn't open it... it just shows the bounding box. Is it Shin, I'd have to ask? Or would I have to go to CSJ for permission to play with the cargo animation?
Yes that's that optika error.

And I don't actually now. You might have to contact CSJ, especially if you want to publicly release your edit.

Back