Quarterbreed* Recommends Gotcha-Antihack!

Quarterbreed

i heard about it then googled it, not sure if any other people use it here but I must say its one of the best anti cheats ive used so far, with in minutes of getting it running it banned people teleporting vehicles and spawning in weapons.. I must say I love it and seems to work very well.. and the best thing is that you can run multiple instances with it, add server restarts server msgs and their add much more..

go check it out

www.gotcha-antihack.com

^thumbs up^

just banned someone for spawning in a AS50 TWS while I was posting.. this thing rocks lol

Good post Quarterbreed, spread the word! :D

I have been using it now for i think about 2 months... And has banned allot of hackers since.
What is basically does is pushing everything to the rcon, where it will be scanned for 'malicious' content by Gotcha.

I do have to admit that the 'teleporter detection' function has been a pain in the ass for me. If desync happens, and your flying a helicopter at full speed. It might kick you because of the quick change of your coordinates. Since it missed some parts in between point A to B. Therefor i disabled it.

I personally really like the feature where it warns, kick or even bans someone at the second they pick up a non-dayz weapon in there inventory.

The only main downside is the fact that you need to have the Gotcha program window up and running as long as the server is running. Which might be impossible if you are renting a DayZ server where you only have limited access off.

So for the people with a private server with full access, i really recommend trying this.
I think you might like its capabilities. :)

Thumbs up for Gotcha AntiHack!

I tested it allot when i had just installed it.
In all thinkable ways (full, not full, gotcha, no gotcha, on all maps we played)
And i did not notice find any server fps drop, dysync or any increase in CPU/RAM.

When in doubt, just test it out a bit :)

I had it. Removed it after one day. It was spamming my RCON. Which resulted in not usable rcon :)

Deleted

I had it. Removed it after one day. It was spamming my RCON. Which resulted in not usable rcon :)

Deleted
The whole point in Gotcha is that you dont need to look at the log anymore, just look at what Gotcha filters out.
And the Gotcha program it self has multible windows you navigate through, so you never see 2 logs or chat and logs in the same windows, unless you look at the default "all"window.
It is a great program if you dont have time to sit and watch your log files all day :) And if you have automatic restarter and Gotcha running, you dont need Rcon for a whole lot tbh.

So basicly you take all the BE filters and cram it into gotcha, then it outputs 2 logs, kicks and bans.

But if you really want a Rcon program, why not use Battlewarden? It can filter out "chat only" if thats what you need.

Server is fine how it is right now. I use dart for rcon and BEC for chat logs etc etc.

Whitelister is also on. Great so far.

Back