Question on absolute position

gopostal

Valued Member!
So I'm running a public server that I'm slowly turning into a roleplaying server as I learn the different facets of server admin and coding. I have a good background (I've done it before, releasing total conversion mods on ModDB) so most of this is just figuring out how the Arma engine does what I want it to do.

Currently I'm creating mission scripts to further the server's "story" but I'm stopped on a particular issue. Could someone explain or link me to a tut on how to get a map point's absolute position? I've googled this and watched multiple YT editor vids but I can't find where to learn how to do this seemingly simple thing. For example I want to create a mission that spawns in the center of the NWAF runway. I know most of you can just post the coords here but could you take a moment and explain to me how you get that? Obviously I DL'ed the converters that will take something like [6733.38,2509.96,0.001] and make that into (XXX,YYY) but nothing that does the reverse (and I do understand why).

Thanks for any help you might give. I promise I will release all my custom missions and scripting once I have this new engine down. I've always shared what I make so help you give will be passed on for sure.

[EDIT]
OK, answered my own question using the tutorial in the first post here: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php...-custom-map-content-tutorial-ongoing-support/

It's a bit obtuse to learn at first but I can now go back and forth between absolute position and normal map coords. Anyone else needs help with this let me know and I'll get on TS and walk you through it.

Last edited:
Back