[Release] Badguy1945's Zelenogorsk Military Encampment

Badguy1945

Hello all!

This is the first of my map additions, originally created for the Eu 148 server, hosted by Dayzprivate.eu

I try to keep all objects used to be as much woodland/Chernarus as possible, as i personally can't stand desert-themed items in Chernarus.

This is a very large military encampment using both Hesco barriers and the already present walls near and around the Zelenogorsk supermarket.
The encampment, although large has proven on our own private hive to not be unbalanced, due to the lack of barracks; But players find it to be enjoyable that it's there, and it's set up for mainly CQC with limited snipeability due to the amount of hesco barriers and other forms of cover, also the encampment is far from totally enclosed having multiple points of entry.

Enough talk! Here are some screenshots!

HOC6yNg.jpg

The Actual location of the Encampment

TCmz3xM.jpg

Southeastern aerial view.

Nyj2i5y.jpg

Northeastern aerial view.

Enthused? Here's how to install (instructions also at the pastebin file):

1. Download the file from: http://bit.ly/185LBqn
2. Rename the downloaded file "Zeleno.txt" to "Zeleno.sqf"
3. Make a new folder in the pbo called mapadds (or whatever you like)
4. Place the .sqf files inside your mapadds folder in the mission.pbo
5. Open "init.sqf" and put this at the end:
Code:
[] ExecVM "mapadds\Zeleno.sqf";

This should work on all DayZ versions as long as the area shown at the screenshots is clear of buildings/Debris.
Tested to work with vanilla DayZ wrecks. (no clipping issues known)

Please always keep backups of your files when tinkering with them, i am not responsible for you breaking your server/missionfiles.

I hope you like it! More mapadditions of my making will be made public soon enough!

Also remember that if you are using AI on your server and you add these map addons to your client missionPBO, AI may be able to walk/shoot through walls/buildings.

Install these map addons server side to negate those effects of AI, but also be weary of server performance, as adding to many addons may cause your server to lag or hinder performance based on server population.

Thanks for hints. Now all my additions run on server. Have several bases with AI on them(this addon also), all works perfect notwithstanding that server is used also for office needs, and dedicated server runs with idle priority.

But keeping bases serverside makes zombies walk through walls :)

Thanks for hints. Now all my additions run on server. Have several bases with AI on them(this addon also), all works perfect notwithstanding that server is used also for office needs, and dedicated server runs with idle priority.

But keeping bases serverside makes zombies walk through walls :)
Potentially, yes. The server...spawns zombies....BUT, each client machine connected to the server also spawns zombies, so technically, there are two different spawns for zombies. You can adjust zombie spawn rate. With enough searching this site, you can find how to edit the server side zombie spawns if you want to increase or decrease spawn rate.

Oh, i've already changed their amoint in variables.sqf, so their amount is more or less fit my needs.
And ok, it's not possible (i also doubt about it) to control clientside zombie spawns, but i can override everything in compiles.sqf, and take necessary scripts from dayz_code.pbo to mission, and make clients spawn zombies by my rules.
Anyway, it will not solve the problem of them going through walls. My opinion is that only way to make zombies avoid walls is to spawn them serverside, like AI. My NPC groups, spawned serverside are doing good about collision system inside custom added buildings. That gave me above mentioned idea. Anyway, i understand that it's nothing we can do now with zombies to make them not to go through walls :(

Could someone help me on these map additions. I'm running chernaraus private hive on Vilayer. I've followed the instructions but when I start the server up i get a lot of messages like the following.

22:07:52 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_t_sorbus2s,

I'm assuming it can't setup the buildings which means i've left something out, but I can't figure out what.

22:07:52 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MAP_t_sorbus2s
I did not find anything like that you mentioned. may be different map addon?
Change MAP to "land" to look like land_t_sorbus2s - this should work.

It was another a different map than yours. I tried what you suggested but it didn't seem to really help much.

Thank you for the advice though.

Back