[Release] Car Radio

marvel

I can confirm this works AWSOME! on Sahrani and on Celle.
Thanks for making it an easy port for dayz :)

Only issue is that I know a lot of players turn off Music in the menu,
It has to be enabled to hear the car radio.

Yeah that's a limitation, I don't know if it can be changed. If someone wants to give it a try then please do so :)

works on Epoch to, only problem is it seems like the music from dayz overwrites the carradio at some random point but im guessing is the scripts itself and not the epoch mod

any fix for it ?

works on Epoch to, only problem is it seems like the music from dayz overwrites the carradio at some random point but im guessing is the scripts itself and not the epoch mod

any fix for it ?

I've seen that sometimes not all the time. I could play entire songs at one point but yeah sometimes it glitches and stops playing.

Any way to add a custom recording?

Most likely yes, but this would drastically increase the size of your mission file for even just one song of any decent length. If music was royalty free i would start taking a list of requests for songs that people want to hear on the radio in InvasionZ. There is a fairly new java plugin for arma that might allow us to connect this to some sort of internet radio also or to soundcloud, then you can make playlists on soundcloud and stream it into the game.

Most likely yes, but this would drastically increase the size of your mission file for even just one song of any decent length. If music was royalty free i would start taking a list of requests for songs that people want to hear on the radio in InvasionZ. There is a fairly new java plugin for arma that might allow us to connect this to some sort of internet radio also or to soundcloud, then you can make playlists on soundcloud and stream it into the game.

I wasn't thinking music, but more of something I could record as a broadcast. I have a proaudio background so it wouldn't be a prob. Simple voice on loop, small. Similar to the looped broadcast in 28 Days later.

Always looking for ways to add story to my serv. This could add a lot of possibilities.

Mmmyum's Air Raid uses a sound loop for the siren. Figured if that could be done, then maybe something similar could be accomplished when the car radio is turned on? I dunno, just taking a stab in the dark here...

EDIT: Actually you can do it according to the link. Unfortunately I am not skilled enough on how to apply the function.

For further customization please see Clayman's topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?82665-Car-Radio

Which version player is the one your posting? In the link I see/want to do this:

New in V2.1:
  • Adding own music will work now
So once extracted you should have dayz_1.mission\carradio

Should the contents be in a folder called 'carradio' inside my dayz_mission.pbo or should the entire contents of the .rar be in my dayz_mission.pbo? Hope not, I have a radio.sqf already.

I wasn't thinking music, but more of something I could record as a broadcast. I have a proaudio background so it wouldn't be a prob. Simple voice on loop, small. Similar to the looped broadcast in 28 Days later.

Always looking for ways to add story to my serv. This could add a lot of possibilities.

Mmmyum's Air Raid uses a sound loop for the siren. Figured if that could be done, then maybe something similar could be accomplished when the car radio is turned on? I dunno, just taking a stab in the dark here...

EDIT: Actually you can do it according to the link. Unfortunately I am not skilled enough on how to apply the function.

Which version player is the one your posting? In the link I see/want to do this:

New in V2.1:
  • Adding own music will work now

Should the contents be in a folder called 'carradio' inside my dayz_mission.pbo or should the entire contents of the .rar be in my dayz_mission.pbo? Hope not, I have a radio.sqf already.

Yeah I used the latest version 2.1. You can put .ogg files in your mission file but it will make it huge as the players need to download it.

And yes the carradio folder goes into your mission file. You can always change script & folder names but you have to look through every file and rename the paths.

Wait a java plugin for arma?! Pics or no proof! Seriously though, where can I find this?

Getting kicked for create vehicle restriction #1 ?
Even got number 1 in front of my createvehicle.txt first line.
How do I fix this one?

you have to put // in front of each of the first two lines (battleye's line counting is screwed up)

Back