[Release] Germany Celle 2013

The Ger Celle 2013 Builds took of beginning Celle Version 1.7.4.4. All Changes since then (which are the ones Graz performed) are not directly implemented in this Version. which means skins and weapons - the buildings however should be compatible because it also uses the killhouse pack of graz.

Since Graz hasn't been active on these forums, I believe he's abandonned the project.

Is there any chance some of the skins/helis/guns he managed to get permissions to use can be implemented? - If you cannot be bothered to modify the loot table, I'd be more than willing to take it from there, but not having them available is somewhat shitty. I'm currently redoing the loot tables on my server, removing default dayz weps and using only RH (With the exception of sniper rifles since it doesn't really provide any).

Also - new tents! http://opendayz.net/threads/project-more-tents.9031/

And is the salvage script you're using that silvershot made - does it still have salvage exploits?

Also I noticed if you have this Celle and the other installed, there's key issues - Any chance of somehow making them separate?

Sorry for this overly long list of rants and requests, I'm just in the process of remaking my pbos and figure you are actively working on this so I'd request for things that perhaps might happen and get me to switch over to working on my server with this instead.

I like a ton of the changes you've made - The requirements for salvaging and siphoning... Nice.

Beer and cookies add some nice flavor to it all... You have no idea how often people ask for beer to spawn

did you use all the files of the rar? or did you just update some?
Does the file tbbmalloc.dll exist in your arma2oa server root directory? (this file is part of reality hive)

I could fix the first error message with the tbbmalloc.dll as I merged a Reality Repo again and overwrote the .dll files, but the second error stays the same :/

We have an ongoing internal discussion if and how we can migrate the weapons, skins and vehicles into the ger celle 2013 version.
The main reason why we cant publish a merged version right away is because the following factors:

pros:
+ having only 1 celle version.
+ it would add a much greater spectrum of variety
+ almost everyone was hot for the changes graz provided.
+ this way we can achive official hive support, because there may be only one celle version at all
+ players will love it

cons:
after the release of 1.7.5 we sadly discovered that not all changes taken where as good as we hoped. glitches and bugs maked it hard to play or to have fun with (in the opinions of some of us)
- players / admins would excpect us to provide support for broken features (example: the hazmat skins and KK's roll jump) which we did not develope nor have choosen. we did choose the packages we included only after many tests and they get only included if they are 100% bugfree and playable in our opinion.
- only taking the best parts of the mod is a quite difficult process
- the filesize would increase more than the new features would give to the players. 4 more vehicles when having already about 80 spawnable for 300 more mb? (I'm overacting here)
- destroying the initial reasons why ger celle 2013 was released (and yes this is also a sentimetal reason)

I for my part would really love a greater variety of weapons and vehicles with mounted guns. And im already grinding my gears how to accomplish a migration of both mods. But they go in really different directions: player deathmatch vs survival.
But also I have to say we are open for ideas because we wont turn down features which do work.

Maybe there can be 2 different server versions, based on 1 client version. A more deathmatchy version and a more survival version. In one you could find an m107 in very barn, in the other only after hard days of salvaging.

Salvage script: we did fix its problems and also the DayZ Mod related problem of beeing unable to repair vehicleparts! The reason was that only the 'owner' of the vehicle may do actions to the vehicle and the DayZ Mod team did break everything by messing around with parts which we thing they didnt understand. So the Ger Celle 2013 is currently (I think) the only mod out there which does not have the refuel bug :D (but we did submit to DayZ Mod the solution!)

The Key issue: is there? I never tried to run a server with all keys installed. It should work like that: keys for the map are the same. keys for @DayZ_Celle and @DayZ_dgxCelle differ - but also are named differently...

New Tent: I would love seeing 2 different kind of tents! :)

So summing it up: I would love to see a combined version of celle because I'm stronly on the pro side of my above list. Big question is how do we achive that without pissing at least one half of players off by having reduced loot or the other half by having broken skins which we maybe cannot fix....

I could fix the first error message with the tbbmalloc.dll as I merged a Reality Repo again and overwrote the .dll files, but the second error stays the same :/

Usualy this error occures when something is either messed with the server.pbo or overwritten by the mission? I can give you personal support if you want:) you can visit my ts3 by visiting voice.wasd.at . if I'm online we could try to solve that issue via a teamviewer session if you like!

I am currently in the process of changing the entire loot table of Graz's version, simple because there's way too many powerful weapons that are way too common.

I also changing animal types to be more appropriate for an apocalypse, imo lots of small game.

the water pumps being disabled was a really good thing IMO. Especially if food and water in canned form is almost entirely removed so hunting and traveling to fresh water to fill up becomes a big part of the game

Ideally what I'm saying is I want a MORE survival oriented version but with the smaller end guns provided in the RH weapons pack

I intended on almost irradicating assault rifles, not because of realism, but because of the inherent power they provide for easy long range shooting.

I do NOT have DMRs/NVGs/M107s/AS50s, because they have no place in the game. The other sniper rifles are a very rare loot drop that only exist in a few loot spawn type locations and I am removing military loot piles, so there isn't an easy way to just snatch and grab ammo.

The SMGs and the Pistols provided in the RH pack keeps the gameplay to a shorter range also doing less damage.
Personally, I really like the pistols in it, nice sounds and textures and bring some variety to the game... the coveted deagles and all.

Also, while running a custom AH script, could easily modify it to delete anyone with default DayZ weps (typical hacker thing, doubt they'd do anything to give themselves Celle only weps).

Also - I can more than help with the skins that are bugged or have inventory issues.

The vehicles can def give a feel to the game are the civilian helicopters or planes - the only heli on my server that has guns is the huey, all the other one like the merlin, lynx, gazelles, little birds do not.

As for vehicles mounted with guns. Perhaps a method of doing this is scrap metals + ultra rare drop chance M240 and you can mount it on specific vehicle types.... i haven't seen that done yet.

Either way, I'm more than willing to help with whatever is needed - I love the idea of driving up survival, hence my food/water/animal changes.. and my intentions of keeping guns at the lower end of things while also making ammo scarce.

Usualy this error occures when something is either messed with the server.pbo or overwritten by the mission? I can give you personal support if you want:) you can visit my ts3 by visiting voice.wasd.at . if I'm online we could try to solve that issue via a teamviewer session if you like!

Yes I know that. But I didn't change the missionfile or the server.pbo which you provided with your new server files... also I tested your fix but its still the same.

Yes I know that. But I didn't change the missionfile or the server.pbo which you provided with your new server files... also I tested your fix but its still the same.
Does it at least work? I mean can players connect and all?
I dont know whats wrong exactly, but there has to be another loaded thing that declares some variables before the server.pbo does. The Line 101 does not define anything as far as I can tell, but I will give it another try later today.

@Manatee Hunter
We are currently again having discussions about implementing / merging Graz Celle and our Celle. Im strongly pro Migration, Franky has more mixed feelings about it. But since we are not the only ones on the team we will try to find a suitable solution for everybody.

Like I said before I would realy like to see both mods come together to join the community, to expand the varietees and possiblities.

Graz have taken on a promotion at work and his time with Celle is fairly reduced.
He asked me for cooperation, so we can make some fixes and add this in 2.0, but he want to add snow and a boneyard ^^
We have then two different Celle versions again, one with snow (graz 2.0) and one without snow (my 1.1)

Awesome, hope to see some great stuff from all of you.

What's wrong with snow btw? - I always figured an attack by the elements would work when its all about survival.

Also I've seen Deadeyes take on the matter, but what's yours when it comes to the use of some of the RH weapons & Skins (NOT the hazmats) and perhaps more variety in weaponless aircraft (Tavi plane is nice) / Gazelles and such?

Does it at least work? I mean can players connect and all?
I dont know whats wrong exactly, but there has to be another loaded thing that declares some variables before the server.pbo does. The Line 101 does not define anything as far as I can tell, but I will give it another try later today.
Nope unfortunately its still the same

is the error also present in the rpt? I start my servers via linux so naturally I dont have any popups. I can only tell from the rpt that this error doesnt occure. however I also already saw errors that wherent logged anywhere, but give an errorpopup while starting an arma2oa server.

@ Manatee Hunter
We currently struggling with DayZ Commander Problems. see http://forums.dayzcommander.com/index.php?/topic/701-release-update-germany-celle-2013-v11/ for more information.
This is depressing because imho DayZ Commander is the primary source of distribution.

@will.i.am
idk, I dont have any experience with dayz.st.
Basicly if you can upload the server files it will run. Only question would be if all Vehicles are supported. I cant answer that, you have to ask the guys at dayz.st if they would perform neccessary steps. But they are very welcome to contact us so that we can handle out some support over there!

Back