Remove Parts From Vehicles (Simplified)

unkinhead

Just tried this a few minutes ago. Works for the most part (can see menu, can remove parts, parts drop in inventory) but with a glitch: removed parts don't actually get removed from the vehicle.

For example - I removed the LFWheel and it dropped in my inventory. The option to remove LFWheel was gone, and a new entry was created in the menu to repair LFWheel. Car was still fine to drive though, and the LFWheel was still visible on the car.

lfwheel.png
Hm seems like a glitch, try logging out then back in. Also. Are you using rmod for that vehicle and skin?

Hm seems like a glitch, try logging out then back in. Also. Are you using rmod for that vehicle and skin?

It's the DayZ 2017 mod, not running rmod or anything else. Tried logging out/in, restarting server, getting in the car and shifting seats, etc. Have also tried it with a different vehicle and experienced the same issue. Was also reading through another thread: http://opendayz.net/threads/strip-vehicles-for-parts.7986/

Seems like some folks are encountering the same problem but no common fix has been identified.

Dunno if this is related, if that is the SKODA car mod the Dayz 2017 readme states

"Skoda Cars and Datsun Civil Pickup require damage rvmats so the tyres can be shot out / destroyed."

So it's possible the model with tire removed is not complete yet.

Dunno if this is related, if that is the SKODA car mod the Dayz 2017 readme states

"Skoda Cars and Datsun Civil Pickup require damage rvmats so the tyres can be shot out / destroyed."

Well that's interesting...gonna spawn some other vehicles this weekend and try the script again to see if anything changes. Thanks for the find :)

Is this just a cleaner write up of what exists in the other thread? If so, I assume the exploit of constantly removing a part hasn't been fixed?

Is this just a cleaner write up of what exists in the other thread? If so, I assume the exploit of constantly removing a part hasn't been fixed?

Well, I tried removing different parts and the option to remove those specific parts was always removed from the menu. Is that what you're talking about?

The solution Manatee/Steve to the issue you are talking about was to only allow green parts to be removed from vehicles, as such there is no way to remove a red or yellow part and re-add it as green?

Is this is exploit you are talking about?

Just tested this with a 2017 bus and the tire was removed correctly. Repairing also added back the tire correctly. So, it seems like the problem lies with the Datsun and Skoda vehicles.

removelfwheel.png

Ok still new to this where can i find compiles.sqf from "dayz_code\init", and fn_selfAction.sqf in "dayz_code\compile"

Ok still new to this where can i find compiles.sqf from "dayz_code\init", and fn_selfAction.sqf in "dayz_code\compile"

Go to your ArmA2OA install folder, from there into @dayz/addons and you will find the dayz_code.pbo there. Unpack that with the pbo manager and you have those files.

getting error= Script z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_spawnlootCheck.sqf not found, any idea how to fix this?

I get the error:

script dayz_code\init\variables.sqf was not found

Though, that file is in the init folder in the dayz_code.pbo file. So I don't know what the deal is. Any help with this would be appreciated.

getting error= Script z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_spawnlootCheck.sqf not found, any idea how to fix this?

I'm getting the same error. Should I be taking the fn_selfactions and compiles sqfs from @Taviana/addons/dayz_code.pbo or from @dayz/addons/dayz_code.pbo ? I currently have set it up using the files from @dayz.

Ok it seems like i am having the same problem as "dedubya" because i have no erros on startup but i have no options ingame to remove the parts, the vehicle was full green.

Has anyone also got that ?
Is there a solution please ?

hey for some resion when i add this script to my server i cant seem to harvest wood and it also causes my server to lag kind of bad as well. any ideas ? if you need me to i will give you my files for you to take a look at.

Back