[REQUEST] Can you put in the Oil Derrick Animation?

Rexxenexx

Sort of a special request. If you remember there was animation for the oil derricks next to Cayo. I was wondering if its possible to add that in a future release?

I assume you mean in ArmA 1?

I just checked in the editor and even with power grids up the derricks don't move...

We have rights to change the models and that should be a config, so we might be able to... but that would be VERY VERY long term..

The scope of our building project is pretty big, so that has to take priority.

Understandable, no rush. But yea like ArmA1. They actually moved once -in ArmA1- when the mission would start and someone made a loop script to keep them moving. I couldn't find it, but i remember using (and testing) it a loooong time ago. It's creepy seeing these things move at night in the fog. ;)

Do you know which mission? I should be able to find it in there and see if it's still the same or if it is a usable script in A2, or if there is a better one. I have Arma 1 installed lol

I don't remember the mission, but I have a NAS that might have a backup of one of my ArmA1 missions with the code. I have to check it later tonight.

Yea. it looks like they fixed it in 1.14. I depbo'd some of my old missions and couldn't find the loop sqs. I remember I triggered it in the init and it was its own sqm file, but I guess since the 1.14 fix I updated the missions and removed that sqs.

EDIT: I'll still check the NAS tonight just for poops n giggles. It just seems so odd that I remember this being a big (small) deal because ppl caught the animation stopping after one cycle. Was like an EasterEgg. Then I Google it with no real results, just Aaalmost something useful. Funny/Strange. ;)
It's in the 1.14 Wiki, that's about the only hint along w someone trying to destroy them only to find out once he upgraded to 1.14 they continue to animate once destroyed. LOL! Good stuff!

Back