Sahrani Map Arma 2 Full Map Port WIP

Nonov Urbizniz

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Staff member
I'm sure we've caused a bit of user confusion when telling people we are still porting Sahrani for Arma 2, since that is what they are playing it in... So This thread will Outline exactly what that means, and why it's so important.

Right now you are playing @Caa1, a project by Kju[PVPSCENE]. It allows Arma 1 Content to be played in Arma 2. It does not however update every bit of it to the same level of detail, or resolution. It did not allow for the movement of misplaced objects, or correction to map level errors, OR the major map level edits we would like to do long term for the map.

We (M1lkM8n with the help and advice of Bushlurker) are currently working on @SMD_Sara_A2 which is a full Arma 2 conversion of the map and it's assets to Arma 2 standards. It is a lot of work, but well worth it in our opinion. It will make for an even more stunning Sahrani, and will have us well lined up to convert the map again for Arma 3 and DayZ Standalone, both of which we know 100pct for sure Bohemia Interactive will allow us to do.

I will update this thread regularly with map level editing progress..

For now some pictures:

This is by no means final textures, just a current working copy so again please do not fret about the autumn tones, tree replacements, or even the ground textures themselves:

One for One comparisons and highlighting how the A1 Buildings or sidewalks still look low resolution, that will change as we progress:
@Caa1:
arma2oa2013-06-0815-19-55-304_zps736dc604.png

In the above picture both ground textures and the building are at ArmA 1 resolutions

In the below picture you will note MUCH higher resolution ground textures and ArmA 1 resolution buildings.

@SMD_Sara_A2
arma2oa2013-06-0815-20-03-405_zpsd8e7033c.png

@Caa1
arma2oa2013-06-0815-59-43-231_zpsb1313760.png

This one takes a little explaining, 1. for around 10m around the player in the above picture the game loads "clutter" which is really grass, in the below picture there is no clutter yet.

Another point of interest is how other than tree colors the medium far and beyond areas look identical, that's because at distance you are not looking at actual textures you are looking at a picture that is laid over the top of the map. That has also not yet been done. And again this is JUST the first run of textures changes and objects being remapped from A1 to A2.

@SMD_Sara_A2
arma2oa2013-06-0815-59-46-336_zpsdb65aad6.png

I am so excited for a full texture resolution increase to all the assets. Very Excited.

Sahrani Mod Developers

You have to have a "OFPEC tag" for your models and assets if you plan on making them available for everyone in the Arma Community. Otherwise calling them in missions can create problems...
http://www.ofpec.com/tags/

Here's some more from Y'days test build, it's already changed again but I haven't had time to look at it...

@Caa1
shO5iXl.jpg

Sara_A2
dVjpAAa.jpg

Caa1
cfWN2MZ.jpg

Sara_A2
bNKDEKw.jpg

@Caa1
xBtQZLO.jpg

Sara_A2
WaYfZ3q.jpg

Some new Pics, M1lkM8n has made some AMAZING progress, and ShermanFTW has color corrected some trees and bushes, we are almost 100 percent done with the base build, we will then go in and fine tune various things for a final release. THEN on to uprez and retexture for A3...

A1 West of Corazol:
rPRC77Xl.jpg

Sara A2 No Grass:
DXnTitel.jpg

Sara A2 Grass:
nVf0yDrl.jpg

Sara A2 Grass + ATOC + FXAA High:
Amndx0pl.jpg

A1 Woods West of Mataredo:
FmuLwVFl.jpg

Sara A2 West of Mataredo Grass off:
0IzqdAQl.jpg

Some object placement errors above, the gate.

And we still have to color correct a few bushes... Coming along nicely though...

Looking to blue up the water some as well to better match the Azure tones of A1.

GEEZ have we been busy, M1lkM8n is CRANKING out the work as usual, and thanks to our hero Mikero and some new/updated tools he's released, M1lkm8n was is able to start some A3 work... he had to upgrade the ram for his computer to do it though!

Some quick updates on the ocean color I LOVE the A1 colors, but the A2 blending allows for some AMAZING colors, after a bit of tweaking I think we've got it just about perfect, any input or comments welcome:

Shallow water is pretty transparent still, might make it a BIT bluer
rPHe4mYl.jpg

As you go further out you can see the color coming through:
bj8FPesl.jpg

What is that blending in below:
SOybu36l.jpg

Oh the Blue:
StZWCydl.jpg

Last one:
q461duKl.jpg

Stay tuned for some Shoe-Horned shots of the Sara_A2 being run in A3.

I have been pretty bad about updating this thread, however it's because we are MASSIVELY busy with our various projects...

The map project is coming along VERY well, we are in the final stages to finish up the initial A2 Release, we have to do some config work for the buildings, and ensure it's all working 100 percent for Arma 2... THEN we start the major revisions for DayZ...

We have been dealt a blow or two by Bohemia although we can not complain at all... They have reversed their previous assurance that they would provide us with A2 buildings and Veg to modify and use. SO we had to throw out a fair bit of retexture work on trees that are not allowed to be modified...

We are now only modding buildings and Veg out of the A1 MLOD library.. this will ensure no wasted time or effort in the future....
In the meantime M1lkM8n has slammed on the gas and pushed forward instead of being discouraged... and REALLY pulled through. He has really done some spectacular work to say the least...

Here are some pictures our Terrain Hero Bushlurker took... his eye for angles and terrains is second to none... they make my previous screenshots look like crap, and I REALLY thought I was doing pretty well lol...

q77uOBUl.jpg

HoMpTlhl.jpg

5PicPEKl.jpg

agwRsaal.jpg

KGVvaifl.jpg

Back