Sarge AI and Vilayer Epoch Private Server

chris worden

Hello all. I'm looking for someone to help us set up our Vilayer Epoch server so that we can utilize Sarge AI. Consider me a software idiot and I don't have a clue about PBO's and such. Is there a really simple way to get this to work? If not might someone be willing to help with the set-up via TeamSpeak or Skype?
Thanks for your consideration.

Same here!, if you find a way for get some help then i would be much appreciative if you could provide some support for me also =) ill help you also if i can

This is really simple, just use an FTP client. copy the addons folder from the sarge ai files, in to

vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.chernarus

And then in the init.sqf file just add in this at the bottom

Code:
//Sarge AI
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";
call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

And then in the description.ext add this at the bottom

Code:
#include "addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp"

I'm also using Vilayer and have completed the mentioned steps but I'm wondering where I go to clean up my server_cleanup.fsm in the Vilayer control panel.

I'm also using Vilayer and have completed the mentioned steps but I'm wondering where I go to clean up my server_cleanup.fsm in the Vilayer control panel.

The server cleanup file can be found here:
File Manager > \vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\system\

Thank you very much, so far haven't had to mess with any settings for players getting kicked, but good to know where to change them. I was wondering if you also knew where to find the code fn_selfActions.sqf for some other mods I want, I thought it might be in those folders but haven't found it. Thanks again for reply!

That file is in the dayz_code.pbo sitting on your PC, in the "compile" folder. If you're planning to edit fn_selfActions.sqf, you need to package that and compiles.sqf (dayz_code\init) into your mission file. You need an edited compiles.sqf to point to your custom fn_selfActions.sqf. Most script installation guides include steps on how to do this but if you need help, let me know.

Yea I'm gunna need help with that, I'm looking to add
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-zabns-take-clothes-1-0.13199/
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-epoch-trader-menu-dialogs.13041/
but I cant find the fn_selfActions.sqf, If I can get that into the mission file I should be good to go from there

Maca's thread has good info on how to edit the compiles.sqf to point to your custom fn_selfActions.sqf

You're running Epoch right? I don't remember the exact directory but here's the file on the their github:
https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf

Hi there,

We have an issue with our description.ext file , it is no where to be found in the epoch.chernarus file. Should we add it ?

We are running an epoch chernarus server on Vilayer.
Thanks for your help

Hi there,

We have an issue with our description.ext file , it is no where to be found in the epoch.chernarus file. Should we add it ?

We are running an epoch chernarus server on Vilayer.
Thanks for your help

description.ext should be in:
\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\

It should be at the top of the list if you have no folders. If it is not there, I would back up your settings/copy them to notepad and reinstall the server

Well we never had one ( i am pretty sure of that). Is it possible vilayer does not provide such folder ?

Additionally we reinstalled the server a few times already , the folder/file is still no where to be found.

No its not possible, I run Vilayer also and the file is there. You're going to vilayercodecustom>missions>Epoch.chernarus (or dayz.chernarus if youre playing vanilla). If you follow that path you will find the description.ext and all the other necessary files to add scripts to your server.

Post a ticket on their website and see what they say. Also, if you just purchased the server, I would youtube their videos and learn about the setup they have.

Back