SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just spawn cars in the cities you want and grab their position off the database entry for that spawn point or you can walk your butt to each town and check your database location to do the same.

You can just spawn cars in the cities you want and grab their position off the database entry for that spawn point or you can walk your butt to each town and check your database location to do the same.

So i can use the DB entries directly? I cross referenced some of the ones in Cherno and they dont seem to match the examples.

They should if you are looking at the correct spawn point, it should look close to the same number.

Zelenogorsk [2758.7144, 5304.3457, 0]

If you had a car here it might be:

[109 [2756.2, 5307.1, 4.2]]

Where

[direction it's facing[x axis on map, y axis, elevation]]

In game gps coords will just mess with you, use database info for better results

What's the delay set at currently? What starts the delay? Does an entire squad need to die, individual AI, or all of the AI on the server?

// time after which AI are respawned if configured
SAR_respawn_waittime = 30; // default 30 seconds

The entire group/squad of that AI needs to die to trigger the respawn.

Does the static AI have to be wiped out totally? Because after I wiped out a couple groups of my static AI, they aren't respawning, I haven't wiped out the entire static AI yet to see if that will do it.. The bandit chopper I have flying around NWAF respawns every time I shoot it down though.

//4 Teams: Soldiers, 2 snipers, 5 riflemen, Defending SWAB
[SAR_marker_DEBUG1_SWAB,3,2,5,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

Using that for my static spawn. According to comments. first number is type of spawn, but it seems to be wrong. 3 should be bandits, but they are military. 1 should be soldiers, but its bandits. Is this a typo or is my file being weird.

//4 Teams: Soldiers, 2 snipers, 5 riflemen, Defending SWAB

Using that for my static spawn. According to comments. first number is type of spawn, but it seems to be wrong. 3 should be bandits, but they are military. 1 should be soldiers, but its bandits. Is this a typo or is my file being weird.

Mine are spawning correctly when putting in bandits.

[SAR_marker_DEBUG1_Zap_WZ,1,3,6,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG1_Zap_WZ,3,3,6,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG1_Zap_WZ,2,3,6,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

So this should spawn 3 groups in the same location at the same time, one of each type. I've got several static spawns delcared like this, however when i visit the location there is only 1 group. Is there a setting somewhere that limits the # of static groups in a grid?

Also has anyone gotten it to work so you can control AI? I would like to set it up so i can give them commands or something.

I've confirmed that the static spawns do not respond to my delcarations of type. I sent 4 spawns to Soldier, and the come out 2 soldier, 2 survivor.

I have not fully tested 1.0.3 so far, but would like some insights.

Would it be better to use 1.0.3 on a live server while the new one is being tested on ? What would I be missing out if all I want is ( random heli patrols with bandits ) and ( random bandits AI spawned on different parts of the map ) and nothing else ?

can i see your definition of unittypes from the config file ?

If you use the same types for both classes, the only way to distinguish a soldier from a survivor group is the leader, cause he needs to be a different skin for each type of groups. The team members can wear whatever you defined.

I have not fully tested 1.0.3 so far, but would like some insights.

Would it be better to use 1.0.3 on a live server while the new one is being tested on ? What would I be missing out if all I want is ( random heli patrols with bandits ) and ( random bandits AI spawned on different parts of the map ) and nothing else ?

I would recommend to wait a day until i fixed the bugs that ppl found.

1.1.0 is pretty stable, the respawn bug i just fixed (again needed to workaround Dayz's logic - it deletes empty groups in the background, which totally screws up any respawn logic)

The workaround for bandits and siurvivors not being able to use the same vehicle AFTER a bandit has been spotted by AI can be disabled, that one is still giving me headaches. Arma/Dayz switches locality of groups in some circumstances, which really messes up things. But as i said, that fix can be disabled in the config.

can i see your definition of unittypes from the config file ?

If you use the same types for both classes, the only way to distinguish a soldier from a survivor group is the leader, cause he needs to be a different skin for each type of groups. The team members can wear whatever you defined.
Its default:

// military AI
SAR_leader_sold_list = ["Rocket_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a soldier group
SAR_sniper_sold_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a soldier group
SAR_soldier_sold_list = ["Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ['Bandit1_DZ', 'BanditW1_DZ',"Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

// survivor AI
SAR_leader_surv_list = ["Survivor3_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leaders of a survivor group
SAR_sniper_surv_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a survivor group
SAR_soldier_surv_list = ["Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

Its default:

// military AI
SAR_leader_sold_list = ["Rocket_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a soldier group
SAR_sniper_sold_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a soldier group
SAR_soldier_sold_list = ["Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ['Bandit1_DZ', 'BanditW1_DZ',"Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

// survivor AI
SAR_leader_surv_list = ["Survivor3_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leaders of a survivor group
SAR_sniper_surv_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a survivor group
SAR_soldier_surv_list = ["Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

That looks good to me. Are you sure you got 2 survivor and 2 soldier groups? How did you distinguish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back