SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I still have the issue. Several players so far complaining on Sidechat that theirs or their team mates bodies have despawned too fast, usually within a minute, sometimes less than a few seconds.. :(

Like i posted in the other thread - can you check your rpt ? Deleting dead bodies from the server_cleanup.fsm should be logged and obvious in there.

soldier and survivor AI are not defending themselves, they let their buddies die without defending themselves.

same group ? Usually if they dont shoot back at you, theres an issue with them having no ammo, which might be an issue with non-standard weapons.

Probably a dayz.st thing, but the cleanup.fsm file they provide in their default server pbo doesn't have diag_log for that. I've looked through my report file and don't see any cleanup entries for dead bodies. Units despawning isn't always linked to the cleanup script and isn't always identified in the report file. So, as I said before I'm not that bothered right now anyway, I was merely replying to back up the statement above that "No solution" had been provided in the other thread. Nothing to do with your script btw, so I'm sorry for replying here :p

btw, the new version works perfectly now I left the settings as you suggested.

Thanks again for all your hard work with this one :D

Yeah, I still have the issue. Several players so far complaining on Sidechat that theirs or their team mates bodies have despawned too fast, usually within a minute, sometimes less than a few seconds.. :(

The problem I've heard is that the AI bodies are despawning fast. No one's complained about the players bodies despawning too fast to me so far.

Then it's Dayz deleting the bodies that fast ... Depending on your fsm, the limit is 300 on some versions.

You can try to increase that number.

Hi All,

I've got a simple question that I've searched this thread and couldn't find the answer I'm after.

The server_cleanup.fsm mentioned in this framework - do I modify the one in my server.pbo (not the mission.pbo) or do I add it to the missions one? Just wanted clarification.

Thanks and keep up the kick-ass work!

Read the posts again , properly and see the part where I clearly say "player bodies despawn" to which you then reply "I've had players complain about this with the 1.0.3 version" ? No? Ok, then get yourself down to specsavers :p

And stop trolling... You know what Sarge is getting at...

HELLO. when i install this i got a problem. i lose my menu buttons to take cargo lift,and to the dogs. sombody know what to do to get it back? awsome work.

well, how about you post the scripts for cargo lift and the dogs (or links) ? Anything interesting in the rpt ?

The only thing that i add is an action to an AI, and that shouldnt affect neither dogs nor vehicles.

Thx, Sarge

Hi All,

I've got a simple question that I've searched this thread and couldn't find the answer I'm after.

The server_cleanup.fsm mentioned in this framework - do I modify the one in my server.pbo (not the mission.pbo) or do I add it to the missions one? Just wanted clarification.

Thanks and keep up the kick-ass work!
Hi mate,

you edit the one that is in your server.pbo - There shouldt be a server_cleanup.fsm in your missions pbo.

Cheers, Sarge

well, how about you post the scripts for cargo lift and the dogs (or links) ? Anything interesting in the rpt ?

The only thing that i add is an action to an AI, and that shouldnt affect neither dogs nor vehicles.

Thx, Sarge
Code:
/*   
    INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 2582;                    //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "debug\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";
playerstats = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "debug\playerstats.sqf";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
  waitUntil {player == player};
  waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
//===================piXel 15-02-2013===========
    dogOwner = [];
//=========================end==================   
    _serverMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "Scripts\change_streetlights.sqf";
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

//===================piXel 15-02-2013===========
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //dayZ original _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";
//=========================end==================
};

sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

This is my init file

That one looks ok to me.

I recommend to do the following (no, i will not install all the mods that you have installed to try it out :))

a) switch on the debug levels in SAR AI
b) check if there's strange messages in your rpt
c) if not, try to explain the problem a bit better - so e.g. Cargo lift - usually you have a menu command when you do what ? Hover over a vehicle ? Dogs ? When do you have the command option ? are these scripts initialized correctly in the rpt?
d) try to understand the sripts for the dogs and the cargo lift, to see where and how those add these menu commands.

e) come back with that condensed information, and i can have a deeper look into it.

Thanks, Sarge

I did some changes for namalsk map. Everything ok? Maybe anyone experienced could check my ini file?

Code:
// Mission Initialization
startLoadingScreen ["", "DayZ_loadingScreen"];
cutText ["", "BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

// Variable Initialization
dayZ_instance = 1;
hiveInUse = true;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

// Settings
dzn_ns_bloodsucker = false;                                // Spawn bloodsuckers
dzn_ns_bloodsucker_den = 0;                            // Spawn chance of bloodsuckers
ns_blowout = true;                                        // Spawn random EVR discharges
ns_blowout_dayz = true;
dayzNam_buildingLoot = "CfgBuildingLootNamalsk";        // CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7, CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOSniper, CfgBuildingLootNamalsk
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];    // Disable greeting menu
//enableRadio false;                                    // Disable global chat radio messages

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\init\variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\init\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

// zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\zombie_generate.sqf";

// if (isServer) then {
// For settings involving the factions, go to scripts\add_unit_server.sqf and adjust the settings at the top of the file
    _factions = [] execVM "scripts\set_unit_faction.sqf";
//_aispawnpos - Worldspace location
//_wpradius - Distance you want units to be able to travel
//_wpnum - Number of waypoints to place withing that distance. The higher the number, the more extensively the units will travel
//_numunits - Number of units to place. Keep in mind that squads will be placed in multiples of this number
//_unitType - Type of unit to place. 0: Random, 1: Sniper, 2: Gunner, 3: Militia, 4: Squad of the previous 3 types
//_faction - The type of faction you want this unit to adhere to. 0: RESISTANCE, 1: EAST, 2: WEST. Factions loyalties are set in scripts\set_unit_faction.sqf
//_baseSkill - Lowest possible skill that the units can posess from 1 to 10
//_potentialSkill - Highes possible skill that the units can posess from 1 to 10
//_gearSet - Which set of gear your units will use. To set the types of gear, edit the variables at the top of scripts\add_units_server.sqf
//_respawnTime - How long to wait until NPCs respawn (in seconds)
//    _aispawn = [[3993.98,4193.84,0],100,5,1,4,1,7,10,0,1800] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf";
// };

// Set Tonemapping
"Filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4];
setToneMapping "Filmic";

// Run the server monitor
if (isServer) then {
    _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isServer && isNull player) then {
    waitUntil { !isNull player };
    waitUntil { time > 3 };
};

if (!isServer && player != player) then {
    waitUntil { player == player };
    waitUntil { time > 3 };
};

// Run the player monitor
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "kh_actions.sqf";
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgBuildingLootNamalsk")) then {
        0 fadeSound 0;
        0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED", 60];

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", { _id = [] spawn player_death; }];
        _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\nst\ns_dayz\code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

#include "gcam\gcam_config.hpp"
        #include "gcam\gcam_functions.sqf"

#ifdef GCAM
            waitUntil { alive Player };
            waituntil { !(IsNull (findDisplay 46)) };

if (serverCommandAvailable "#kick") then { (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "_this call fnc_keyDown"]; };
        #endif
    } else {
        endLoadingScreen;
        0 fadeSound 0;
        0 cutText ["You are running an incorrect version of DayZ: Namalsk, please download newest version from http://www.nightstalkers.cz/", "BLACK"];
    };
};

// Sarge's AI Package
  call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

// SHK
  call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

// run SAR_AI
  [] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

Sarge, to make sure I've got this right in my head.. If I change the dynamic spawning to false, like this:

Code:
// -----------------------------------------------
// enable or disable dynamic grid spawning
// -----------------------------------------------
SAR_dynamic_spawning = false;

Can I now use SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf , as we did before you released the update ?

I hope that made sense :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back