SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would

SAR_dynamic_group_respawn = true; do?

I know that on my server it constantly spawns AI and the interval number increases. Would this simply respawn the squad with the same number if there are players in the area to trigger?

Thanks.

It should respawn the exact same groups and setups.

I know there is an issue with certain situations, where a squad is fully killed, the respawn timer starts to tick AND the player leaves the area. The system then still respawns the AI squad, but doesnt despawn them anymore, because that despawn trigger is started when a player leaves an area (and that already happened).

I'll look into it.

cheers, Sarge

I downloaded the latest SAR_AI version from here a day or 2 ago.

If I set SAR_EXTREME _DEBUG to true will the related messages in the rpt log begin with SAR_AI?

I have not tried to disable either of those yet, but I have tried disabling your AI script and this resolves the vehicle issue. I will try with each (and both) of those scripts mentioned disabled.

check my debug levels out, they are very structured and easy to distinguish .-)

Hi Sarge,
Just wanted to say it works AWESOME! My (small) playerbase are going crazy for them.

1)I can't find where to edit either the number of heli patrols that spawn, or edit which ones spawn. Right now they all spawn and I think it's a bit much. Could I add a % chance for it to spawn or is it 0 or 1?
1a)Are the units in a heli patrol always soldiers? or can they be any of the factions (depending on the variables set... somewhere?)

2)Can I add magazines to one of the SAR_rifleman_items? I have them using just AK_74's but would like to have them carry a couple mags? Is it as easy as:

SAR_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["30Rnd_545x39_AK",100]]; ?

2a)Do I need to do this? Does AI ammo magically replenish? Or will the run out after firing 30 shots if I don't do this?

2b)If I were to give him a M16/M203... would he use M203 HE if given? Would I put them in the pistol slot? Or would that cause the AI to bug?

3)Is there a limit on how many weapons I can have in the array for them to choose from? I read some people have issues, and some don't... so I just wanted to ask you straight away.

Many, many thanks! You have helped immensely in breathing fresh air for my friends/co-workers.

Cheers!
Cur

1) just comment them out in your grps_cfg file.
1a) check the documentation in that file, it's all in there

2)why would you ? The come with one mag, and they have unlimited ammo.
2b) i never tested that, just give it a try. I know they use grenades if they find them.

3) you can have as many weapons as you want. If you want some weapons to be more rare, do something like this:

Code:
SAR_sold_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M","AK_47_M","AK_47_M","AK_47_M","AK_47_M","AK_47_M"];
Sarge

checking the respawn logic ... spot on. the skills don't get applied on respawn.

Thx a lot for finding that out, will be fixed and be in the next release.

cheers, Sarge

glad I could help :) More testing inbound. Is there any way to fix skill application on the fly? Perhaps a line of code?

It was more like 75 lines of code :) And it is tied into my new changes, so sry i need a full release for that one.

If you could check out if you have the issue with 2 ppl not being able to share a vehicle (one a bandit), we might be able to nail that one as well. It does work and do what i expect it here, but i am not testing with multiple people ...

Sarge

I had an issue where if a certain person was in a vehicle, noone else got a "get in" option. I tried reproducing it with a bandit buddy in dofferent configurations on a test server, but was unable to. Seems to work, mostly, 95% of the time. I hate stealth bugs like that.

I had an issue where if a certain person was in a vehicle, noone else got a "get in" option. I tried reproducing it with a bandit buddy in dofferent configurations on a test server, but was unable to. Seems to work, mostly, 95% of the time. I hate stealth bugs like that.

The reason for that (from a logical pov) is:

IF AI spot a bandit, OR get shot by a survivor, they rate that player down to -10000 rating. This one let's the Arma engine switch that player to side "enemy", which means enemy to everyone.

So as long as a bandit hasn't been spotted by AI, he can happily travel with other players. As soon as he was spotted and rated down, he is on a different side than the survivor, leading to the vehicles not being available to one of the parties.

I try to counter that by having a trigger around every vehicle, which checks the rating for the player, and if the rating is lower or equal to -10000, sets the rating to 0 while close to the vehicle. If that person leaves the area around the vehicle again, the old rating gets restored.

This should work, SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG shows the triggers when entering or leaving.

There still might be a flaw in that, not sure, that's what we are hunting down.

hope that explains a bit.

cheers, Sarge

read the documentation for static spawns in your grps_cfg file.

Sarge
Could you provide me a customized file with quite a few helicopter patrols along the coast and make NWAF more fun to infiltrate, like with bandits and quite hard. If you could do that I would be so happy

When I first started I had an incorrect understanding of "Static" spawns.

I would like to arrange bandit NPC's in specific spots in buildings, to arrange breach and clearing type gameplay when players attack a building I have assured them has awesome loot in it.

Is this possible? I even sort of want them to be stuck in place, prefferably where they take cover when fired on but I don't want them to like hear fire outside and go wandering out.

Thanks in advance for help.

Could you provide me a customized file with quite a few helicopter patrols along the coast and make NWAF more fun to infiltrate, like with bandits and quite hard. If you could do that I would be so happy

Could you pay my monthly bills, walk my dog and do the chores? If you could do that, i would be so happy!

serious, read the documentation and understand and configure how you want your AI to be.

When I first started I had an incorrect understanding of "Static" spawns.

I would like to arrange bandit NPC's in specific spots in buildings, to arrange breach and clearing type gameplay when players attack a building I have assured them has awesome loot in it.

Is this possible? I even sort of want them to be stuck in place, prefferably where they take cover when fired on but I don't want them to like hear fire outside and go wandering out.

Thanks in advance for help.

At the moment AI will move out of buildings to engage. I am implementing a "do not move at all" logic atm, will be in the next release.

cheers, Sarge

Could you pay my monthly bills, walk my dog and do the chores? If you could do that, i would be so happy!

serious, read the documentation and understand and configure how you want your AI to be.
Well how do I increase the Helicopter patrol spawns?

Well how do I increase the Helicopter patrol spawns?

Its acktually quite simple, Sarge has allready put in alot of info in the sqf files for you to get hints. You can make all your static spawns yourself just by opening the sqf file called "SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf". Open wih notepad+ if you wanna make it easyer. To make more choppers spawn go through the file and try find where Sarge has made his choppers spawn, and just duplicate his... Everytime you see a " \\ text " the text says what the next line of code is. You will have much more fun making your own spawns then getting them from ohers!

At the moment AI will move out of buildings to engage. I am implementing a "do not move at all" logic atm, will be in the next release.

cheers, Sarge

Hey thank you, I appreciate the response, the engaging is kind of blerg but thats cool that you're already dealing with it.

If you could answer the bit about locationing though? As is am I able to say like..." You one single guy, stand on this spot"

and even if he moves to engage, will he return?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back