[Script] Helicoper Disconnect Protection/Switch Seat [v1.2

anyway to make it so when you get in the gunner seat or back seat the heli will go in autohover mode with NO AI

Added this exactly as described and it doesn't give me option on my overwatch server.....any ideas ?

Overwatch 0.2.2

Scripts Installed
AI Bus route
Boobytraps
Animated Helicrashes
Auto Refuel
CCTV

for one i like this idea... had these pilot-disconnect crashes from time to time with my mates a time ago ^^

one question... what happens if you switch to backseat... the ai takes over the pilot seat... and you eject?
will it autohover there forever? ^^

I'm being kicked by Restriction # 101, can someone help me here is the log:

21.08.2013 18:20:02: Formigao (192.168.0.192:2316) 63f816ecc1b6e9b166205e2b20ac9834 - # 101 "utoHover" _veh];
_unit action ["engineOn" _veh];
sleep 0.5;
hint format ["You are now pilot!"];
Else {}
hint format ["There i"

I am having the issue with the heli nose diving into the ground when pilots switch to gunner or back seat. i have tried multiple heights. started at minimum allowed and took it up to 1100m every time it goes into an uncontrolled spin and crashes if i do not take over as pilot.

i do have sarge ai on my server does that affect this?

seen couple other people with this issue but no answer to fix it.

i assumed it was a sleep timer i changed those all to extra low values still nothing tried an inbetween nothing.

checked log files no errors

Hey man, I've been trying to get some help with something. I'm not a scripter by any means and you seem to know what your doing so.. I admin a server and I am currently adding different scripts ect. My question is, would it be possible, at all, to disable autoHover? So that it isn't even an option for any player. I will mail you a case of beans if you help me :D or anyone else who may be able to help

Added this exactly as described and it doesn't give me option on my overwatch server.....any ideas ?

Overwatch 0.2.2

Scripts Installed
AI Bus route
Boobytraps
Animated Helicrashes
Auto Refuel
CCTV

Same issue here bajaboy, however at one point I did get a spam of ten "Switch to Pilot" which showed up above Auto Hover. After clicking on one of the "Switch to Pilot" nothing happened.

*Forgot to mention, I'm on the newest OW release.

I changed the priority of the menu items as it was putting them above auto-hover, which lead to some deaths!

Code:
sleep 10;
{
If (typeOf _x in ["CH_47F_EP1_DZ","Mi17_DZ","UH60M_EP1_DZ","UH60M_EP1","MH60S","UH1H_DZ","UH1Y_DZ"]) then //Helis with 10+ seats armed
{
nul = _x addAction ["To Pilot's Seat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["pilot"],5,false,true,"","player in (assignedVehicle _target) and driver _target != player"];
nul = _x addAction ["To Gunner's Seat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["gunner"],5,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
nul = _x addAction ["To Backseat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["back"],5,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
};

If (typeOf _x in ["Ka60_PMC","Mi17_Civilian_DZ","UH60M_MEV_EP1"]) then //Helis with 10+ seats unarmed
{
nul = _x addAction ["To Pilot's Seat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["pilot"],5,false,true,"","player in (assignedVehicle _target) and driver _target != player"];
nul = _x addAction ["To Backseat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["back"],5,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
};

If (typeOf _x in ["AH6X_DZ","AH6X_EP1","AH6J_EP1","AH6J","GNT_C185","GNT_C185C","GNT_C185F","GNT_C185R","GNT_C185U"]) then //Helis with 2 seats unarmed
{
nul = _x addAction ["To Backseat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["backlittle"],5,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
};

If (typeOf _x in ["Ka137_MG_PMC"]) then //Helis with 2 seats armed
{
nul = _x addAction ["To Backseat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["backlittle"],5,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
};

If (typeOf _x in ["MH6J_DZ","MH6J_EP1","MH6J"]) then //Helis with <7 seats
{
nul = _x addAction ["To Backseat","Scripts\switchseat.sqf",["backmedium"],5,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
};
} forEach (vehicles);

Gave the above a try as well, still not getting any options on OW.

Update - script is working perfect on OW 2.4. Menu items are showing up below Auto Hover. Great script, thank you for sharing. :)

Not sure if you've answered this question already or if the script does it anyway. But what if you're the only person in the heli and you disconnect, does the heli just hover their forever and ever? Can it possibly auto land and then the AI pilot be deteled, so the player can at least recover their chopper and take off again. Love the script idea btw, been looking for this for ages :)

EDIT: Tested this and the chopper just crashes into the ground! Only seems to work if you switch seats!

Just tried the script, when I switch seats or disconnect. The pilot just slowly lands, even if there's trees below him... Does anyone else get this ?

Added: also had to change all the class names for the latest Epoch server. Changing all armed helis ending with _DZ to _DZE ..... (fyi) .

I took this off my server in the end because it was wasted lines. Basically what was happening firstly is that this script does not stop the heli from crashing if you disconnect and you're the only person in the heli at the time. It does only however give you the option to switch seats mid flight with another player and it fails at everything else because when the player disconnects, the heli immediately starts to drop down, no matter how many times I told my players they can jump into the passenger seat and take over, they just panic and eject (it's the heli descending that does it, it even gets me at me times).. Every player has done this so far.. It's the part where the pilot just starts to drop, he really needs to hold position and hover in that spot.

Shame though because I really love this idea and your coding is pretty clean , I can read it a lot better than most.

Hope to see a future update with fixes to the landing instead of hovering issue and to maybe have it land safely somewhere in a field if you're the only person in the heli when you disconnect.

Back