server difficulty settings and squad leaders

Grave

I have a private plus server with hfb, im using navicat to manage my tables and never make any adjustments other then adding vehicles and gear to donors or changing the starting gear. I mention this because im new at running a arma/dayz server and im not willing to mess it up due to inexperiance. Anyway, my latest problem is this...

i installeled the 1.7.3 patch and somehow the data base got corrupted and I had to have hfb reset the data base (everything was wiped) needless to say it hurt my player base. Now hfb just came out with the 1.7.3 update #2, i installed as directed but end up with the following problems...

1: I can edit the difficulty settings via the hfb control panel, but the settings do not change in game. (i have done this succesfully many times in the past so i know im doing it right) for example 3rd person doesnt work on any setting.

2: The first person in the server (or next in line after the first leaves) becomes the squad leader of all the remaining survivors, this means he/she see where they all spawn and there locations on the map.

how do i fix this? i put a ticket in to hfb, but the responses are slow and i expect their solution will be to reset the data base again.

Any help or wisdom would be great.

Back