Server event - Arena idea

Sandbird

Valued Member!
I am planning on making a server event script that runs on a specific time.
I play Borderlands now and then and i like the idea of an arena event where players can enter and fight to the death, and the last man standing will get a reward :)
I think i got the base plan down...the only thing that i am missing is a way to do this:
- I want to hold in an array (or in another db table) all the current online players database values. (inv,back,kils, pos, etc)
- If a player logs out during the event restore all his values from the array.
- If a player dies, restore all his values so when he respawns everything is back to normal.
- When the event ends reward the winner and tp him back to his original place (easiest from all the above).

Basically the biggest 'thorn' in all this is temp saving and restoring player values.
Any ideas on that , on how to go about it ?

Care to elaborate ? i dont mean create the arena in the editor....thats easy..i meant to hold the values of each player.
If thats the case, can i join that server and test it ? how did your friend did that in the editor oO

its a long work for doing it to the editor. i dont know how he did it. but he got almost the same thing like you.
each 2 hours the events starts into he server

but server is offline atm for mainstage. he is working on something.

Cool does your friend have an opendayz account so i can pm him ?
Can you give me the server ip/port so i can add it to my favorites and when the server goes on get in a try ?
Thanks

That would mean closing and starting the server again. I want to do all this while the server is running...Otherwise player's inventories wont update

Back