Server refuses to show up in any server browser

Minion187

So, installed DayZ CC. Got the server setup, and it's visible to the outside world (friends of mine can connect, websites verify the port is open as well). I even went the extra mile and put the desktop it's running on in the "DMZ" of my router (all ports open and exposed to the world, no firewall protection). Windows' firewall is disabled, no anti-virus installed or anything else of that sort. Fresh install of Windows too.

Left it running all day hoping it might just be a matter of time for it to update. Still no such luck. Won't show up in DayzCommander or the in-game server browser. Had the same issue with Pwnz0r's server pack so that suggests there's something else going on.

Reporting IP is master.gamespy.com, Pwnz0r's used arma20a.gamespy.com I believe. I know there's a bit of a cluster**** going on right now with Gamespy's supposed shut down that never happened, but seeing as other servers are listed I'd think mine should have no problem.

Any ideas? I'd almost start to blame my ISP (Timewarner) for possibly blocking it but other games I've ran in the past had no issues showing up in their respective server lists.

When you says that your friends can connect is that by adding the IP manually?

What Arma 2 patch are you running?

Also DayZCommander "saves" server and gets them through a database so if a IP is saved there the server will show even when gamespy goes down. And also it can take a while for a server to show in DayZCommander so stick to Arma in-game browser to be sure.

They were able to connect using the IP under Remote or whatever it refers to it as in arma. Not via LAN either, over the internet.

Running the latest arma beta, not sure what version as I'm at work right now. Whatever the latest version is that DayzCommander installs.

Does the latest beta only report to the steam browser or whatever is intended to replace gamespy for dayz? Guess that could be my problem. Roll back to the previous beta version perhaps?

You can rollback to the 103718 beta anyways even if that's not the issue since the 112555 version has some issues to it.

I just updated from 103718 to 163.125548 and my server doesnt appear in the browser either, even after adding the steam ports.

Yeah well thats because they are not supported yet.

Latest steam patches only pushed through Steam had to be launched differently. I am working on that for next version but there are currently problems with the more recent beta patches that breaks the server..

Back