Server Stuck in "Creating"

GT500

I just used Pwnozor's Private Server Pack (the latest from GitHub as of this afternoon) to install a DayZ server, and when I start it the server stays in Creating and never progresses beyond that.

Here's what I did:
  1. Install Arma 2 via Steam.
  2. Install Arma 2 OA via Steam.
  3. Install the DLC via Steam.
  4. Install the beta patch.
  5. Copy the contents of the Arma 2 folder to a folder on my server's desktop.
  6. Copy the contents of the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder to the same folder on the server's desktop.
  7. Extract the @DayZ folder from this file, and copy it into the folder on the server's desktop:
    Code:
    http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/1.7.6/@Server-1.7.6.1-Full.rar
  8. Copy the contents of the ZIP archive downloaded from GitHub into the folder on the server's desktop.
  9. Execute the server once to make sure it worked, then closed it.
  10. Edited the server config to change the server name and server messages.
  11. Changed the MySQL port (in the batch file, in the MySQL config, and in the Hive config) so that it would not conflict with the legit MySQL server that I run on the host server.
  12. Opened ports in firewall and forwarded them in Virtual Box networking controls.

The server is Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 SP1 x64 running in Virtual Box.

From what I am seeing in a quick Google, it sounds like this might be an issue with the mission file, however I have never worked with an Arma 2 server before, and I have no idea what to do to try and fix it. If there was something else that I needed to do, then it was not in the instructions on the GitHub page, or in the tutorial video.

Oh, BTW, the instructions on the GitHub page don't mention needing to get the @DayZ folder from somewhere else, and they make it sound like the @DayZ folder is actually in the ZIP you download from GitHub.

Apparently the server is working now that I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installed.

Anyway, thanks for the server package. ;)

Back