ServerMessages: auto global RCon messages

I can't help you with Linux, windows 7 user here. I can't imagine that it's that much different though. Might be a port issue or something silly.

I'm getting this when I try to run it in Windows Server 2012.

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a vali
d DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExact(String s, String format, DateTimeFormatInf
o dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)
   at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String format, IFormatProvider provid
er)
   at ServerMessages.timeChecker.Check()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionCo
ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
ontextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Looks like you are missing/incorrect verion of a windows dll. Make sure you installed what is required.
Wouldnt it be easier to use an sqf file that prints from an array of messages? When i get home and will post it as a simpler alternative

Looks like you are missing/incorrect verion of a windows dll. Make sure you installed what is required.
Wouldnt it be easier to use an sqf file that prints from an array of messages? When i get home and will post it as a simpler alternative
Nothing is stated as being required for it, and I've used it in the past with no issues.

It uses the BattleNET dll's
This is the original error you are having, Perhaps you simply have a malformed datetime string?

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

As I said, there is an easier way maybe? If your 'message rcon' isn't running, then you get no messages.
Here is an alternative script ... untested, but should work.
Code:
sleep 180;
_AddvertiseArray = [
    ["The fasted way to contact an admin is to join our teamspeak and ask for help.],
    ["Join up on our website and take part in the discussions],
    ["Dont be a victim, Shoot First and SURVIVE!"],
    ["The server restarts every 6 hours"]
   ];
while {true} do {
    sleep 300; //Every 5 Min
    _message = _AddvertiseArray select (random (count _AddvertiseArray - 1));
    titleText [_message, "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
};

Save this code as ads.txt and place it in your mission pbo.
In your init.sqf file add this line
if (!isserver) then { execvm "ads.txt";};

Last edited:
I looked at the github for this project, it has the battlenet dll included in the source so you can't have the wrong version. It must be a malformed string.

Great script!

Can we have time stamps in chatlog?

also i like to have that chat.log in a specific folder. is that possible?

Thanks

Cheers

Last edited:
Back