ServerMessages: auto global RCon messages

You said you can loop messages, but only every X number of hours. I'd like to be able to send a different message every 1 or 2 minutes.

You can do this with BEC, or an admin tool like TSW, but they frequently result in duplicate messages. If this tool is able to send a different message every 1 or 2 minutes, without the duplication, that would be nice.
Every x minutes is very possible. I'll do it next update.

My application depends on the same library as BEC/TSW uses, I'm pretty sure. The duplication happend with my client as well, but I seem to have been able to, at least partially, fix it.

The duplication happens because the client waits for a message back from BE, and if it doesn't get it within x time, it will try to do the same command again.
I simply increased the delay. Of course that is not a complete solution, as on full servers the delay might be a lot longer. I might make it a config option, or better, make it dynamic (so it automaticly adjusts the delay).

I will definetely see what I can do.

Hey,

I see the link and downloaded v2. Question on the messages format though

in your example:

14:05:00~Example 2 msg~loop-2

does that mean it starts at 2:05pm and loops every 2 hours ... as in, if i started the script at 3 it wouldnt start looping until the next day at 2:05pm. Or does the hours at the beginning not really matter?

Thanks, and thanks for the update!

I have mine set up so it will loop every 10 min, all day long. like this:

00:05:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:15:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:25:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:35:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:45:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:55:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1

It will loop like this all day long, every 10 min, no matter when you start it.

The only time the beginning hours would matter is if you only wanted it to loop every 2 hours at, 01,03,05 etc...

Hey,

I see the link and downloaded v2. Question on the messages format though

in your example:

14:05:00~Example 2 msg~loop-2

does that mean it starts at 2:05pm and loops every 2 hours ... as in, if i started the script at 3 it wouldnt start looping until the next day at 2:05pm. Or does the hours at the beginning not really matter?

Thanks, and thanks for the update!

The beginning hours do matter, yes.
So if you start yours at 2pm, and loop every 2h, it would do it at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, etc.

To give a quick example, this is what I have set-up for my server (which restarts every 6 hours):

Code:
05:50:00~Restart in 10min~loop-6
05:55:00~Restart in 5min~loop-6
etc, etc.

I have mine set up so it will loop every 10 min, all day long. like this:

00:15:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:25:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:45:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1
00:55:00~Server restarts every 4 hours...~loop-1

It will loop like this all day long, every 10 min, no matter when you start it.

The only time the beginning hours would matter is if you only wanted it to loop every 2 hours at, 01,03,05 etc...

Makes sense, thanks!

Since I need this for my own server as well, I might be upgrading it into a service later - or at least give an optional parameter to make it a service, for those who have dedicated servers. It might take a little while, but I thought I'd update all users on the matter.

I am also using dayz.st, and they referred me to this link when I asked them about looping server messages. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what... OP says to use readme for instructions, but there are no instructions in the readme file. How would I go about installing this? And I also use Dart, so combining them together as Dusty Nuttles did would be great. If anyone could assist that would be nice. Thx guys

Put in ip/port/rcon password into settings.cfg

Set up messages in messages.cfg

Run the exe file and leave it running.

Put in ip/port/rcon password into settings.cfg

Set up messages in messages.cfg

Run the exe file and leave it running.

Hey guys,

i need autom. messages on my server. after a long search i find this 2 comments from today. i dont understand what u mean. Where can i find the settings.cfg and messages.cfg ?
i cant find it in mission.pbo server.pbo oder database.

I kiss your feets if u can help me :(

the first post has a link to github with the files you will need(settings.cfg & messages.cfg)You should not need mission.pbo for this. But they can be found in your control panel on your server providers website. Sounds like you are new to the server side of the game. You may want to do some research on how to unpack .pbo files and such. Best of luck.

Hello, i have try to use this with wine. But don't get this working. It starts, say succesfully connected. DaRT rcon tool say RCon admin #1 (127.0.0.1:40780) logged in but its don't fire up the messages.

@DJDosKiller

Note: Use the http://www.mediafire.com/download/aly28unu1wcxkg3/ServerMessages_v20.zip that the OP posted on the first page. It has all docs inside, the gethub does not.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying. Dart and this message system are two seperately working RCon tools. You should place your messages in the messages.cfg and the settings in the settings.cfg. Once all of the files are set up all you have to do is to double click the ServerMessages.exe file. Provided all of your settings are correct, and you didn't mess up the time settings in the messages.cfg it should run. As long as you have your server running, that is.

settings.cfg
host=111.11.111.111 (your I.P. here)
port=1111 (your port here)
pass=(RConpasswordhere)
savechat=true (enables a saved file of all chats)
split=1000 (how often it splits the file or lines per file)

messages.cfg (how I set mine up)
00:06:00~No PvP at any time...~loop-1
00:07:00~Do not build in heavy looted areas, control towers, fire towers, factories etc...~loop-1
00:08:00~Vehicles left in trade zones will be deleted...~loop-1
00:36:00~No PvP at any time...~loop-1
00:37:00~Do not build in heavy looted areas, control towers, fire towers, factories etc...~loop-1
00:38:00~Vehicles left in trade zones will be deleted...~loop-1

Yes, it works on my home PC with windows but don't work on my linux machine with wine. All works, but it dont wirte the messages.

Back