Setting Up Buildings in the DB using 3d Editor

That's fine by me - I have already created the mission file so I just need to import it. Cheers for the reply! I'm gonna try your steps out now :).

EDIT: I'm not sure what PHP script you are referring to in that thread? All I have is a db_missionparser.php file that states in the comments that it only handles vehicles and not buildings.

That's fine by me - I have already created the mission file so I just need to import it. Cheers for the reply! I'm gonna try your steps out now :).

EDIT: I'm not sure what PHP script you are referring to in that thread? All I have is a db_missionparser.php file that states in the comments that it only handles vehicles and not buildings.
Oops, I didn't realize the one I have is not the one from this forum. =) Give me a moment to track down where I got mine. It has a script for buildings as well as vehicles.

*EDIT*
This is the one I use. The DBTools file down at the bottom of the first post. There is a PHP script in there for buildings as well as a bundle of other things.

http://www.tunngle.net/community/to...ulidings-to-spawn-tables-dayz-1744-bliss-027/

Hey again. I've designed my base in the 3D editor, and run the script on the mission.sqf file and the correct DB, etc. But the site that I just built isn't there in-game? The records are definitely there in the SQL DB, but nothing ingame.

Any tips?

Did you build your server using the --with-buildings option? Otherwise it doesn't run the routine that spawns them in.

Make sure to check that the instance value on the instance_buildings table matches the instance you are running too. If you forgot to edit that part of the script before running it, they may have all imported on instance 1 when you might be running on instance 222 or something.

Aha, that's what I didn't do (--with-buildings). I'll do that now and report back.

EDIT: Doubleposted

Well, I rebuilt the server with instance ID 1, and --with-buildings arguments and reloaded the server. The records are in the DB with the correct instance and still nothing. :I

If possible, could you add me on Skype? Mine is "Zixtyy".

Aha, that's what I didn't do (--with-buildings). I'll do that now and report back.

EDIT: Doubleposted

Well, I rebuilt the server with instance ID 1, and --with-buildings arguments and reloaded the server. The records are in the DB with the correct instance and still nothing. :I

If possible, could you add me on Skype? Mine is "Zixtyy".
Odd, that should be all that's needed. Are you running Chernarus or one of the custom maps?

I'll add you when I get home.

Hi Shinkicker! You seem to be an expert, so I wondered if you had any thoughts on this (related) issue I am having?
Code:
http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/120631-problems-editing-map-3d-to-2d-conversion-issues-help/page__gopid__1026141#entry1026141

I placed in code tags, as I wasn't sure of the rule about posting to other forums :D Hope that is okay!

Cheers in advance!

Another method (but needs client to update code) is to use gita or Town Generator which is how rocket populated all the wrecks and rubbish into the Chernarus, it has the logic to seek flat ground. This might likely be a more optimized way of building placement, but I could not be bothered to come up with the reg ex to convert formats, so for Celle I just kept used the editor.

I have heard quite a few people say the mission file should not be the source of post island creation building placements, but I don't think BI would have designed and released an editor if said editors outcome causes performance issues. There are a lot more things going on that can degrade performance then a mission file.

Back