Shins Modeling for Arma 2 / DayZ Tutorial - Part Four

Can you zip the blender model and private message me with the file?(upload file to medialink or google drive and send me the URL).

I will take a look for you.

one question? Can i make modells and import them to DayZ Epoch? without having the clients to install the object? if you understand what i mean, or is it locked to example mod dayz, addons?

one question? Can i make modells and import them to DayZ Epoch? without having the clients to install the object? if you understand what i mean, or is it locked to example mod dayz, addons?

Depends what sort of models. You can spawn anything in via the mission file, but you would still need to redistribute a PBO containing your new model and its config.

Okay thanks :)
but the config file? is that for vehicles? because my objects are falling when i shoot at it

That would be two things.

1. You need to create a Geometry and then in the bottom left corner set the weight (in kilos). About 20.00 should be right.

2. Do this (screencap as I can't be bothered to type it out)

AlJUW1T.png

Just thought I'd throw this out there, if you're trying to make a model that the player (or AI) can walk on/drive on, you need to add a RoadWay LOD to the part where they'd be walking/driving/etc, in my experience, make it a tiny bit above the geometry to prevent getting stuck or anything.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, if you're trying to make a model that the player (or AI) can walk on/drive on, you need to add a RoadWay LOD to the part where they'd be walking/driving/etc, in my experience, make it a tiny bit above the geometry to prevent getting stuck or anything.

Thanks, I just made my first boat, so that's a handy tip.

just wonder why the object is not solid ? i can walk through the object ..
any help will be apreciated .

just wonder why the object is not solid ? i can walk through the object ..
any help will be apreciated .

How simple is the model? Your geometry LOD needs to be convex, if your model is too complicated, you need to make the geometry LOD out of simple shapes.

How simple is the model? Your geometry LOD needs to be convex, if your model is too complicated, you need to make the geometry LOD out of simple shapes.
thanks for the reply.
well i try whit a cube 4 x 4 but dint' work even whit convex Lods .
probably is easy but so far i can't find the way.

Hello,

I'am currently having a Issue when exporting my model out of blender as a .p3d.

When I export it does nothing and comes up with the following error:

Code:
I/O error:float() argument must be a string or a number

My model is all joined up and I have the right directory for the script.exe, I have tried restarting blender, restarting my computer numerous times but still it doesn't work?

It would be great if I could get a fast response.

Thanks, Hem.

Still no help or luck :(

I have come across one more error that I get:

Code:
I/O error: Operatorbpy.ops.object.mode_set.poll () failed.conext is ncorrect.

Again I need help asap & it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Hem.

Hello @All

I had posted a problem at the youtube section, and now i copy and paste it in here.

Hi, a big THX for your nice tutorial, but i have two problems at time.
First i don't get a confirmation E-Mail from opendayz.net. I tested it with two different adresses. Perhaps you can ask if the email function is broken ? And my second problem is, I can't rotate my sign in the Arma2 Editor when I edit my mission . All objects that i spawn i can rotate but the sign, that i made with your tutorial won't.
Any idea what the problem is ??
Antworten
·
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Antworten ausblenden

shin kicker

vor 1 Woche

Hi, Your account should be approved now. Strange about the sign, I have never seen that before. Did you mark vertices for Land Contact LODS?
Übersetzen
Antworten
·
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Andreas Droste

vor 1 Woche (bearbeitet)

+shin kicker THX for activation, i will copy my problem from here into the forum, that all people can learn. But i think first tomorrow , i have to go with my dog now and than my bed is yelling me ;o)

Antworten
·
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Andreas Droste

vor 1 Woche

+shin kicker So i looked now, but I don't have access to the forum, my Nick there is Trouble1504.
Now I loaded up my files, so everyone can take a look on it or use it by himselfs. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0uqIKpN2I0PUUxVeGFqbzZnSmM/edit?usp=sharing

The Problem with the E-mail isn't any more, Opendayz.net don't like e-mail adresses from Gmail and 1&1 a Hoster i have ;o)

I hope someone can help me a little bit, i shown the video again and again but i don't find the problem.

Greetz

Andy

Followed this tutorial, but when I go to pack the folder I get an error: "Error in config P:\Binarize\bin\config.cpp". Not sure what I've done wrong any help please.

Back