sidechat.. sending text?

Tai

hay all..

kinda new to arma scripting, just wondering what a basic sending text to the servers side chat would look like.

we have an event and I want the event to have a corrosponding side chat notice so players know whats going on..

will this work ?
Code:
globalChat "New CrashSite Has Spawned"

or would it require additional code ?

I used that globalChat function but I think that might need to be attached to an entity ? is there not a basic PRINT"".. type deal that will just print to all players. ?

anyone at all.. ???

simple bit of code to send some text to side chat ? this must be simple but im new so come on some of you pro's show me the way.

you need an entity to post to sidechat. From where do you want to send the message, and where to ?

rHINT might be what you are looking for.

hay all..

kinda new to arma scripting, just wondering what a basic sending text to the servers side chat would look like.

we have an event and I want the event to have a corrosponding side chat notice so players know whats going on..

will this work ?
Code:
globalChat "New CrashSite Has Spawned"

or would it require additional code ?

I've started a similar post and nobody had the answer.. rHint might be your best option right now :(

anyone got an example of rHint then ? all I really want to do is send or display a message on screen to all players when something of interest happens.

I got rHint working , displays the event as its triggered top right of the screen, which is cool and works, but what I really want is for it do come up in the chat bottom left..

any help with that would be amazing.

Tai,

Been looking to get messages to appear in side (or any other) chat .
Did you have any further success after rHINT?

Back