Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

Hey everyone I finally got AI work Thanks for all the help. I was wanting to know if anyone has found away to have ai use vehicles if so could i get some insight on how to go about doing this

Royal Cuppa,

.5 and down would be hate above .6 is like. On the disappear thing I talk about this in various posts, look for AI vanish and you should find the fix, I am not at my server with files right now so I can't attach the file with the fix, it's in the add_unit_server.sqf

Bolbies,

I have not looked into this, I will see how difficult it would be to code.

Gorri,

Right now this AI does not interact with vehicles, you way want to look at Sarge's AI pack which has heli-patrols. At the moment I am focused on the AI itself and have not started to work with them in vehicles yet so I can't give you an ETA on when I will have a chance to look into this

ive got them to attack and they can be looted when dead but when they respawn they dont have any ammo thats the only issue also any idea how to not make them have itchy triiger aimbot fingers lol

You can turn down their skill level if you don't want them to be as precise on the shooting, you could also alter the behavior but then you would need to setup an event handler to trigger "Combat", like a hit or fired near.

I'm working on the respawn stuff, right now, they end up with the the settings from the last _Aispawn line in the init.sqf due to the way the variables are working, I have a fix in alpha right now, still working out the kinks, hope to release it soon.

ive set them to lowest skill 4 and highst 6 but still a pain in the ass lol

any one know what the right settings so they miss a few shots?

ill try that morox , thanks for all your help so far :) also im having a issue of when they first spawn they have ammo and you can loot them but after they respawn they dont have any ammo and when you loot them you get kicked?

What would you need in regards of makin em even better ? .-)

Well i'm not using your current release, i'm using the one previously released so i'm not sure what you've changed in terms of their skill level, but i'd be interested in them being more hostile from further away and spend less time running and diving and getting up and doing it again. Regardless, hella fun.

I have not checked out UPS, it seems to have some nice features, Sarge's is a great pack, I don't know if the new version is out where you could customize load-out like you can with this pack. I also think it has to do with use case, for example I don't know right now if you wanted to Create an NPC/AI we'll call him John, with a specific skin and loadout that should always be alive (within 120 sec) and should always be at Devils Castle if you could do it with any other pack but this one. I know that other packs are being updated all the time and that Sycosis himself has not done to much follow up on this one, I have taking a liking to this pack and am spending time developing it when I can. I currently am running an updated Alpha version with the following fixes/features which I plan to release this week

Fixes
  1. AI will Respawn in original spawn location or place where they died (optional) and join the same group they spawned in with (if any are still alive) and follow the same waypoints.
  2. AI will stay in the same faction and unit type they were created as.
  3. AI will maintain the same skin and loadout they were created as (currently have 2 methods in test - Unit respawns with what they died with or original loadout < looking for input on which people prefer -- biggest issue is mag's if the AI shot alot possible they respwn with no ammo).
  4. AI will maintain the same respawn time and skill upon respawn.
I realize they are things that simply make this mod fully useable - once I have this completed I can start to work on enhancements like use vehicles, better AI logic, and some requests like having drops be random as opposed to the loadout.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions please let me know and I will do my best to address them.
Regards,
Morox

spot distance is a well known issue with Arma AI - and really hard to improve. Usually they will not spot you while you are farther away than 250 meters. The only way around this afaik is to completely recode / enhance the way they spot and setup their target priorities.

Running & diving is their way of trying to dodge bullets, hard to change as well.

All in all the AI in Arma imo is limited in regards of behaviour. Fun, but limited.

Better AI, google "Zeus AI Arma 2" - Its a mod but could give some insight to those looking for "harder" AI.
Well, Zeus has long been abandoned, and had serious issues in the last releases.

As i recommend in my thread, take a look at ASR_AI instead. This has some nice functionaliyt, and does work with my framework, might also work with these scripts.

ok say I went to work my comp got shut down come home started the server and nothings spawning. I am getting this error message
Code:
20:45:28 Error in expression <then {

if (parseNumber _id > 0) then {
<<<<<<< HEAD

=======

>>>>>>> 9c93e6a9f>
20:45:28  Error position: <<<<<<<< HEAD

=======

>>>>>>> 9c93e6a9f>
20:45:28  Error Invalid number in expression
20:45:28 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_deleteObj.sqf, line 11
20:45:28 Error in expression <then {

if (parseNumber _id > 0) then {
<<<<<<< HEAD

=======

>>>>>>> 9c93e6a9f>
20:45:28  Error position: <<<<<<<< HEAD

=======

>>>>>>> 9c93e6a9f>
20:45:28  Error Invalid number in expression
20:45:28 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_deleteObj.sqf, line 11
20:45:28 "Ran AISPAWN"

That's not part of the AI scripts, I would say comment out the _aispawn lines to be sure but based on that it seems somehow that there is an error in the z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_deleteObj.sqf file.

I don't even see that sqf in my pack, is that something you custom added to your dayz_code.pbo?

EDIT:

This seems to be part of Bliss pkg, I don't use it so I can't speak to this, but if you completely remove the AI stuff does the error still occur? It's possible there is some cross over on global variables that's the issue.

2nd EDIT:

It seems that sqf is part of 1.7.4.4 - is this what you are running Gorri? Or you are running Taviana?

Back