Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

i will give you a step by step on what to do. 0. ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING. 1. unpack your mission.pbo 2. go into your newly unpacked .pbo folder and create a folder called scripts 3. put the 3 files in that scripts folder the zombie and 2 other ones. then change whats needed in the init.sqf file thats in the main mission folder 4. now repack your mission.pbo and put the repacked one where your old one was then bravo it should work.

The .pbo file you want is on the server in the MPMission folder, I run a Taviana map so mine is called dayz_1.tavi but yours will be different, every host and map are named differently.
The zombie_generate.sqf is on your PC though, It's inside the @dayz files

also on aother note for you richie i have gotten it to spawn in extra units in the groups only thing is that it spawns 2 snipers (without sniper clothing) 1 gunner and 2 militiamen all with same gear on and snipers have same weapon and militiamen have same weapon but im working through that and once i can confirm it working i will upload it :)

Okay, so here is the .pbo I have created, Im about to test it. Does it look right?

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
tell me something first tho then you can check them out where was your last spawn at go on your server and let me no which town then i will put that towns spawn place in for you then you can see if it works but i will make them friendly towards players just so you can see them working

Ok give me about 5 - 10mins max to set it all up for you I will make them spawn in at the factory for now hopefully dayz.st has all the skins unbanned so that you will see them also if you don get any errors and you can't see them or hear them then let me no and I will find a way to get them in for you

also on aother note for you richie i have gotten it to spawn in extra units in the groups only thing is that it spawns 2 snipers (without sniper clothing) 1 gunner and 2 militiamen all with same gear on and snipers have same weapon and militiamen have same weapon but im working through that and once i can confirm it working i will upload it :)
Nice :D I look forward to it and can hopefully return the favour one day.

there we go they should spawn in before you get to the factory along the main road just outside have acheck and let me no some will be in civ clothing others should be in army uniform

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    72.4 KB · Views: 21
Okay, so I see 6 civilians and 6 soldiers. The civilians seem to be just hanging out in one spot, not really moving excpet for the going in prone and back up type stuff...no actual roaming. The soldiers are all in prone, hardly moving at all. This is awseom if I could gew them to roam around.

Okay, nevermind, they are moving...just rather slowly..AND THEY ARE ENGAGING THE ZOMBIES!! That's badass. Dude, thank you so much...this is awesome.

Yeah it's just because I made them stay still so that you could see them mate make sure they where working I will give them a radius and waypoints in if you want also let me no where you want them to spawn at and I will create the spots for you and put them in and let me no what you want friendly and what you want completely hostile. Add me on Skype if you have it scottieo321 makes it easier than posting all over here

Back