Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

Yeah I don't see the Global Faction line, I noticed you change the pathing of the script to units\ instead of scripts\ like it is in the OP, but your factions is still in scripts\ if you left everything the way it is it should read:

_aispawn = [[4482.47,10287.6,0],1,1,8,0,1,3,6,0,200] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf"

and not

_aispawn = [[4482.47,10287.6,0],1,1,8,0,1,3,6,0,200] execVM "UNITS\add_unit_server.sqf"

Yeah I don't see the Global Faction line, I noticed you change the pathing of the script to units\ instead of scripts\ like it is in the OP, but your factions is still in scripts\ if you left everything the way it is it should read:

_aispawn = [[4482.47,10287.6,0],1,1,8,0,1,3,6,0,200] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf"

and not

_aispawn = [[4482.47,10287.6,0],1,1,8,0,1,3,6,0,200] execVM "UNITS\add_unit_server.sqf"
Wow! You respond Fast! & That was such a careless mistake omg. I will try that - Thank You :)

Hey guys- Just got the Script working today. Was wondering if there is a way I can tell if the AI is East Or Resistance. I have the East Liking the West (Us) Battling the resistance and resistance hating us. Is there a way i can tell? It just says like Man Or Soilder.. I have East Liking West at .8 and sometimes they shoot at me.. i think. Cant tell if its east because i cant tel which military group is shooting. Thanks

Ok guys needing to know something is there any way of being able to make some more units then the ones already there as i am wanting hostile AI Friendly AI and also some others but all 3 fractions/groups need to be different if you get what im saying

How will changing the zombie generate effect the new zombies or whatever it is in 1.7.7 ? or will this be updated to the new zombie generate file?

thanks

You can multiply the number of units currently, if you wanted to add more cases of three that is easy as well - to add different types is a little trickier, the Sniper/Gunner/Militia thing is a "invented" separation to allowed for a "squad" you could create a new case and have two lines with the same location and it would be near equivalent, if you want me to write something custom I can do that, just pm me what you need.

1.7.7 is a load of crap i would advise people not to update to that anyway everything in it is messed up as people will soon see

well the AI spawn, so its working but it seems that something is wrong with the zombies spawn in this new version

A little question for anyone who knows when a survivor turns bandit does he get classed as EAST side now instead of WEST or still WEST. just for the AI so they can be friendly towards survivors but attack bandits if not does anyone know of a way to do it weather its inside the dayz_code or whatever.

Also to quote you Andrew_S90 the devs are now a bunch of 15 yr olds and think like it to as clearly seen in the new dayz update i have advised many people not to update as i have had a look at each individual file and there is some serious work that needs doing to it they should not have released it yet and worked on it some more im pretty sure Dean (Rocket) Hall would not be happy with that update at all its going to turn alot of the dayz community away. anyway enough ranting about that on this now just wanted to get my opinion across to everyone on here

well the AI spawn, so its working but it seems that something is wrong with the zombies spawn in this new version

yea i even tried to make the agro of the zombies to be off.. still have issue. have to take off for now. i hear sarges ai work tho.

I have not updated Sycosis's original files for 1.7.7 - if there is a request for this I will certainly do it, It is difficult maintaining both my new version (which is 1.7.7 ready) and this one as they are beginning to fork in different ways - my mod on Sycosis's original can be found here:

http://opendayz.net/threads/morox-ai-sycosis-simple-ai-mod.9354/

If people are still using the vanilla version of this mod - let me know and I will work on an update for the files.

I took out the line at the end of zombie_generate.sqf and zombies spawn, as well as the AI. Not sure what its purpose was but everything seems to be working fine now. With the line added to zombie_generate no zombies spawn.

May just look into the link above, may have some fun with custom waypoints :)

Minion - if you are not using my updated 1.7.7 files and are using Sycosis original files then for 1.7.7 in the zombie_generate move the line added above the following line

_this set [3, _recyAgt];

so it looks like this at the bottom

Code:
{ _x addRating -20000; } forEach allMissionObjects "zZombie_Base";// <----- Sycosis line

_this set [3, _recyAgt];
_this set [4, _maxtoCreate];

(!isNull _agent)
This is so that the AI shoot the zombies.

Back