[Simple Tutorial] Dogs on Taviana

Ok got this working on 1.8.0.3 but i've got one issue, no longer how long i wait the dogs do not attack zombies they follow the zombie, i guess they think they're animals but they never growl, has anyone happen to find a fix for this?

For ease here is the attack code in dog.sqf

Code:
//initiate attack
If ((_distance < 11) && (side _foo != side _leader)) then 
{
_nul = [objNull, _dog, rSAY, "growl"] call RE; 
_dog domove (position _foo);
_dog setspeedmode "FULL";
};
//attack
If ((_distance < 30) && (side _foo != side _leader)) then
{
_stopWait = (time + 0);
waitUntil {sleep 0.5; (_dog distance _foo) < 5 || time > _stopWait};
if ((alive _dog) && (_foo isKindOf "zZombie_Base")) then
{
_dog attachTo [_foo,[0,0.8,0],"hrudnik"];
_dog setDir 180;
_foo setdamage 0.3;
sleep 1;
};
{
_foo setdamage 0.3;
sleep 1;
};
{
_dog setDir 160;
_foo setdamage 0.6;
sleep 1;
};
{
_dog setDir 180;
_foo setdamage 0.8;
sleep 1;
};
{
_dog setDir 200;
_foo setdamage 1;
};
detach _dog;
_dog domove (position _leader);
};
};

zZombie_Base variable would have changed, i haven't look at what it is.. but it would be something different, if i look tonight ill post a possible untested fix

"zZombie_Base" works in my debug of tellin me how many zombies are alive so i don't think it's the variable but then again i could be wrong

I think it has to do with the if statement
Code:
 If ((_distance < 11) && (side _foo != side _leader)) then

I'll try to get a video of it for proof

Could i do somthing like this?

Code:
If ((_distance < 11) && (side _foo != side _leader) && (zZombie_Base != 0) then

Wouldn't that call it if there is zombies spawned, would need to prolly detect if they're a certian distance but i'm assuming that's what the _distance < 11 is doing.

I'm gonna try that code and see if it changes anything

Edit

Nevermind that won't work

Made use of the debug that was implanted in this script and commented out, i added _foo to it cause i came to conclusiong that's the zombies so i took a screenshot of what it outputs when a zombie is around, not sure if this will help or not

dogdebug_zps5ce369af.png

Another Edit

By removing "side" from the initiate attack and attack if statements they seem to work, they're killing the zombies

Code:
If ((_distance < 11) && (_foo != _leader)) then

Now i'm gonna try to figure out a way to implant a way to make them attack whatever i'm pointing at (with a scroll menu of course) but for now i'm gonna sleep

The one on the op works fine for 1.8.0.3 all you need to do is get coords for dog houses for your map

Sent from my XT907

I have it installed, and working in the past. Maybe it is not working due to the latest Overwatch 0.2.5 update...

Should work. Latest overwatch has dogs but they're not that great just have raw meat in invetory and you get a scroll option its a pain unless you find one not moving. The one the op should work fine with latest overwatch

Sent from my XT907

Yeah, i have it installed per instruction. It worked in the past. Dog houses show up, dogs bark, one might come out after touching the dog out and follow me for a second but will disappear. And if i try to go back to get dog again it will not come out.

Dogs on overwatch must be messing up the script with the other dogs. I'll look i n to when I get home

Sent from my XT907

I found out my problem. It was my Blur Anti Hack. I disabled it and Dogs worked fine, even attacking zombies. Just follow all the instructions from the OP and some of the posts and you will be fine. Blur is aware of the issue and working to fix it. Again, I am running Overwatch 0.2.5

Back