Slowing zombie sprinting down.

jukki

Hi everyone, i have been trying to find out a way to slow down zombies so they wouldn't be so hard on my modded dayz 1.8.1. Now i cant seem to find anywhere info on how to actualy slow down the sprinting zombies. all the info i can find is just using the forcespeed set to 2 which makes the zombies just do walking animation and makes them also not seem to able to navigate to players as well.

Now i want a solution that still retains the sprinting and walking mode, but slows down the sprinting so zombies do have change to catch the players, but players if they keep running can still outrun a zombie. Right now the zombies will just instasprint to you.

Maybe make something that detects when a zombie starts sprinting and forcespeed them to something slower? I think forcespeed 2 is 2 m/s and players I think can run up to 19m/s or so unless I'm completely missing something but from what I remember its around that speed. So maybe making something that detects zombies running and forcing their speed to something around 17 or lower might be something that might help? No idea if its possible just my thoughts on it since I believe zombie speed and movement are fairly hard coded into dayz.

The problem is that everything above 2 seems to be just the sprinting that they do and are able to still catch player, go to 2 or below, and they don't sprint anymore and act weird. I have feeling that the speeds are defined somewhere else but dont have any idea where.

Back