Something i noticed...

OtterNas3

Hey Buttface,

thanks for the new DZAI version, works nice and players love it!

Some smaller things i noticed since running it for some days now:

Players reported to me that when they shot down a AI, they die like they should, a few seconds after the dying animation is over they start a "I'm alive" animation and going trough a dying anim right after. They stay dead but its sometimes confusing. Less then 1% of the dead AI are going alive again after some minutes when they was dead, cannot reproduce it, it just got reported to me sometimes.

Another thing are the AI Chopper patrols.
We tested it alot to shoot em down, they take soooooooo many rounds until they go down...

We shoot with 2 Humvee and 2 Vodnik and 3 players with M249 at em, yeah we hit em ^^, and it tokked us 2-3 minutes to shoot em down.
If we shoot a Players Chopper with same firepower it takes less then 20 seconds to make em going down or explode.

You changed something on the Damage and/or Armor settings for the choppers?

Moo,
Otter

I will look into adding a fix for the animation issue. It should be as simple as preventing the AI from entering their get-up animation if they're already dead.

About the AI helis, I haven't changed anything that would affect the amount of damage they take. In fact, it's something I've never modified. I just want to know, what helicopter type were you shooting down?

Sorry to barge in, but we too have encountered a high increase in armour on all helis. We've used the same setup for a while, but since 1.8.0 they are so much tougher. It's not really a complaint, we don't mind it. As mentioned in the other thread, the ability to set a respawn delay will be more than enough for us.

UHIH_DZ
Mi17_DZ
CH_47F_EP1_DZ

We tried adding the UN variant of the Mi-17 to the list and for some reason that was around twice as tough as the regular one, so we did remove that.

Types we used so far are:

UH1H_DZ
UH60M_EP1_DZ
UH1Y_DZ
MH60S
AH6X_DZ
MH6J_DZ

The behavior is same on all Helis we tried, it seems the Armor is increased up to 5 times normal.
Maybe it has something todo with the additional amount of blood you gave the AI?
Could that affect the Helis too when the AI is in?
Just guessing...

Moo,
Otter

I believe I may have found the cause of the helicopter's unusual armor, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test it out. I'll report back my findings when I have some.

Alright, here is the news update on my day's findings. In my initial testing, over 6-8 mags of 200-round M249 ammo could not destroy a UH-1H helicopter. I could manage to force the AI to land but that was about it.

However, I confirmed that the new AI damage handlers were not being used to handle helicopter damage, so the last update could not have influenced helicopter damage in any way, at least not as far as I could see.

For the time being, I made a new damage handler for AI helicopters so that critical damage to the hull/engine will destroy the helicopter. With this change, it is possible to destroy a Huey with an M249 and about 200-400 well-placed rounds.

Now there may need to be some fine tuning since it felt a bit too easy to destroy the Huey. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could lend a hand by providing Youtube videos of themselves or other players successfully causing a player-controlled helicopter to explode by firing on it. It would help me get an estimation of the "normal" amount of damage needed to destroy a helicopter. Thanks.

I´m currently editing and uploading the test you asked for. Will give you a link when it´s finished.

Update: Video is uploaded. Hopfully we´ve done the test you wanted.

@Polli: Thank you very much for the video. It definitely looks like the Huey is unusually durable while on the ground - was there a player in the helicopter at that time?

It looks like the Huey only has "normal" durability while a player is inside then. Thanks again, I'll see if the new helicopter damage handler will fix this issue.

Back