Spawn on top of building

Sandbird

Valued Member!
I am spawning a MAP_misc_deerstand and i want the bot to spawn on the deestands' floor, instead of the ground.

Is this possible ?

I am using cust_markers_chernarus.sqf

Code:
_this = createMarker ["deerstand_tower", [4319.6689, 4331.8779, 13.05]];
    _this setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
    _this setMarkerType "Flag";
    _this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
    _this setMarkerSize [2, 2];
    _this setMarkerAlpha 0;
    _deerstand_tower = _this;        //_dzaicustomspawntest must be a unique name

and

Code:
"deerstand_tower",    //This is the marker name to be used as the patrol and spawning area.
        1,                         //This trigger will spawn a group of 2 AI units.
        2,                        //AI spawned by this trigger will have Weapon Grade level 1
        true                    //(OPTIONAL) Respawn setting. 
    ] call DZAI_spawn;

And i want it to move around the floor as well....like look from all directions.
Is there a way i can "init=" the marker, or the bot to the desired height ?

-Thanks

Not possible because DZAI specifically avoids spawning AI on buildings or other objects. This is done to avoid the units becoming stuck or falling off when they eventually start moving around.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hmm i played in an epoch server having DZAI and they had bots on top or buildings...i think they tweaked it a bit thats how they did it.
But if i decide to go that path....is it still possible ? Or i shouldnt even try ?
Thanks again

If you don't mind stuck or suicidal AI go for it. Though the AI would probably end up on top of the deer stand instead of inside it. In that case there isn't anything you can do about it using DZAI.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back