Spawnpoints, Performance and Zombies

Ive written myself my own spawning system now, i set markers where i want the people to spawn in and adjusted the server_Playersetup.sqf and mission.sqm a bit, works like a charm :)

A thing i dont understand is that ammo for the saiga 12k is spawning, but the weapon itself is banned in dayz_anim? Also, do you think you will unban more weapons? Like the PKM and PKP or M60A4? Ive seen that the Silenced AK74 is unbanned, but it doesnt spawn, and no ammo is spawning anywhere.

Hmm, the ammo should have been banned for the Saiga too, I've never seen a mag in game besides on RapeDungeoun, but the gun also spawns there, so chalked it up to modified loot tables.

I've never seen them ammo in any of our servers, we banned the gun because we hated how similar the saigai mags looked like AKM lol, it was actually unbanned in our beta build I believe.

PKM and PKP and M60A4 are all pretty op with the bipod up front, but frankly I thought we had unbanned at least one of those and had them as Heli crash only... but i'm not 100pct sure, I will make note of the saiga bit, and the others, see what we think.

Saiga Ammo is definitly unbanned (config.cpp from dayz_anim.pbo) and spawning, it spawns quite often in MilitarySpecial Buildings like Baracks. Also you have the Lapua Magnum Rounds in your Loottable, but not the Lapua Magnum, i had to adjust the Helicrash Loottable to make it accessable.

What i dont understand: Why not unban alot of weapons and just dont make them lootable by default? I mean... hackers, yeah, sure... they could spawn themself weapons which are not on the loottable, but for me there is no better way to detect cheaters ;)

I would like to have a base that doesnt dictate me which weapons are OP and which not... and talking about op weapons as long as M107 and AS50's are on the loottable... i think you know what i mean. A PKP as Endgame Weapon, with a much longer bullet-traveltime, a worse scope and marker bullets is much harder to use then a one-shot as50 with 5 M107-Mags.

Saiga Ammo is definitly unbanned (config.cpp from dayz_anim.pbo) and spawning, it spawns quite often in MilitarySpecial Buildings like Baracks. Also you have the Lapua Magnum Rounds in your Loottable, but not the Lapua Magnum, i had to adjust the Helicrash Loottable to make it accessable.

What i dont understand: Why not unban alot of weapons and just dont make them lootable by default? I mean... hackers, yeah, sure... they could spawn themself weapons which are not on the loottable, but for me there is no better way to detect cheaters ;)

I would like to have a base that doesnt dictate me which weapons are OP and which not... and talking about op weapons as long as M107 and AS50's are on the loottable... i think you know what i mean. A PKP as Endgame Weapon, with a much longer bullet-traveltime, a worse scope and marker bullets is much harder to use then a one-shot as50 with 5 M107-Mags.

the intention is to unban weapons, but there are limits which we might feel are too much. PKM vs M107 or AS50 dif, is 100rnds in a 20ft circle in 20 seconds or so, and 10 rounds in a 10ft circle in 20 seconds...

And again I was pretty sure the PK's were unbanned. We will go through the bans more meticulously on the next pass through.

Ok, thank you
Code:
//class PK: FakeWeapon {};
    class Pecheneg: FakeWeapon {};
PKM is unbanned, PKP is banned. I have to try if the PKM is working like it should, because most of the weapons need some adjustments or otherwise they take the backpack-slot. M40-MG and M240 Scoped are unbanned right now, but you drop the backpack for it.

But thanks for your support :)

We do plan on modding any weapons that remove your backpack, that was meant to be implemented on the initial release, but we know the KSVK for example still did it.

Any specifics you want to list out and save us time would be great, but I'm sure seven will go through it with a fine tooth comb either way.

Back