Stuck on Waiting for Character to Create

Seven

Staff member
I've been hosting a server for just over 3 weeks now, and has now hit its popular stage where its capping out at 50 players every day. But within 30min of it capping it. The server stops processing player login.

There is no errors listed in my logs in any form from HiveEXT or arma2oaserver.RPT
I did some checking on my mysql admin panel. And figured out what is doing what.

So I can see that there is 1 open connection for sending save data for vehicles and players. There there is a second connection that is also running. But its sole job is login.

Thats my problem. The second connection seems to do its job until the server gets under load it gives up on the connection and stops sending queries. It takes a restart to actually get the server to start working again.

I'm looking for some help in getting this to work again or figure out what is causing it to stop processing the login.

that problems is related with:

1. bad configuration of hive
2. corrupted mission
3. server file missing (if its bliss can be @bliss_1.chernarus in startup line)

But why does it only crash after the server is under load? Is it a hacker overwriting my login events?

Your starting gear sometimes screws that up too, for some reason the bliss install on my dev pc doesn't like anything other than [] so you image when i die i start with nothing, however i can modify my toon after its remade and just relog and bam im all good. check that its probably that entry in the instance table.

other than that make sure your instance id's match each other (mission.sqf in dayz_#.pbo and instance table in mysql)

I get no logs of erroring, or any failed to login text.

When it stops processing logins it just stops.

I get a final
Code:
23:01:21 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-1-B:1 (Z0po) REMOTE Type: Bandit1_DZ"

I don't even see
Code:
23:01:21 "STARTING LOGIN: ["ID",B 1-1-A:1 (Z0po) REMOTE]"
anywhere, the whole code just dies.

what about your hivelog does it indicate that there was an error with anything, also check the rpt report on your client too under "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT"

things to try:

Change your inventory on your character to the default of:

Code:
Inventory:

[]

Backpack:

["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]]

This should be in the survivor table

Seven, are you trying to update the repo to the last version? becouse i remember a bug in old hive dll that users with ID finished on X letter will crash the hive and in consecuence the server i dont have time to search the post but if you make a quick search in github repo of bliis im sure you will find it: github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private

Ok I didn't notice there was an update to the repo. Booted the server officially 3 weeks ago. But I had the files for over a month, and the repo said last update over a month ago so never noticed it was new. Hopefully this fixes my problem.

Since the update to the latest version, I no longer get a hiveext.log or the debug monitor? this normal?

Back