Suggestions on more balance / realism

Mamu1234

Hi Sarge,

maybe you could change the amount of ammunition an npc carries. From unlimited to a defined limit. Together with my second "wish", that the npc are attacked by zeds, this will add much more realism.

At current as-is state where npcs are respawning, are not attacked by zeds AND have unlimited ammo it´s not really fair for the players to fight npcs.

I would really love to see this features ingame. :)

Thanks anyways for this great addon.

Hi Mamu,

the problem is, IF they have limited ammo, they are too easy ... As soon as they have shot their bullets, they just stand there and do nothing.

You can do a couple of things to workaround that "not fair" issue

a) reduce their skills - That's the best way
b) don't let them respawn
c) give them less effective weapons
d) play around with SAR_DETECT_INTERVAL = 15; - if you increase that number, they will get new ammo less often. If you put that to e.g. 60, they only get new ammo every 60 seconds. This change MIGHT impact their ability to spot bandit players though, cause those to are linked to each other.

The attacked by Zeds discussion we had a couple of times - that only makes sense if they can get damaged as well. And that leads to them being able to heal / bandage - which is a ton to implement :)

cheers, Sarge

The attacked by Zeds discussion we had a couple of times - that only makes sense if they can get damaged as well. And that leads to them being able to heal / bandage - which is a ton to implement :)

cheers, Sarge

Would it be less of a nightmare if there was just a random check that would reset the npc's health every few minutes or so?
while it would take away the realism of the npc stopping to heal, I think it would be a better alternative as you would still be able to kill them as long as you did it quickly and still make things a little more fair for when your pinned down by bandit ai and cant even tell where they are firing from due to zeds just wandering aimlessly... until you fire a shot of course lol...

Back