Taviana 2.0 Looping Database Messages Tutorial

if u link ur server pbo i can take a look

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Just have a small problem at the moment. My server was hacked and the rcon files have been deleted so im waiting for the server to be reset by the guys ive rented it off of. As soon as its runnig again ill copy in the pbo files.
Your probably wondering why i cant copy them now, its because i overwrote them by mistake and they are now default . sorry.

Hi will. Sorry its been a while since my last post. Been busy with work and getting my server back upto status.
Ive got the message bit in the database all showing up and ive edited it as it should be done but what do I have to do to actually get it to work in the server?
To make a message in the database

Open the MESSAGES table DONE
Click INSERT tab at top DONE
ID - This is sequential, start with the number 1 DONE
PAYLOAD - the actual message you want displayed DONE
LOOP_INTERVAL - how many SECONDS before this message displays again DONE ( put as 300)
START_DELAY - how many SECONDS before this message starts the first display DONE (put as 2 as I had read somewhere else that this was minutes and not seconds)
INSTANCE_ID - select your instance ID, do NOT leave it null DONE

I have entered everything as it should. What steps do I take next?

Many thx
Termy

Hey Guys, this method dont working with the new epoch patch 1.0.3.1. We havent display any messages. Do you have an idea?

Back