Temporary DZAI hotfix for Epoch 1.0.4.2a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttface

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
This hotfix is meant to address the problem of certain player skins causing AI to become friendly if certain skins are used. It is not a perfect fix but will solve the problem of unwanted friendliness.

Changes and side effects of the hotfix:

• Forced removal of "Bandit2_DZ" skin from AI skin selection
  • Free-for-all mode is disabled
  • Player side is made friendly to Resistance side
  • East (AI) side is made hostile to Resistance side.
  • All AI units spawned by DZAI are now assigned to East side (Resistance is not used for AI)
  • It is unknown whether players using the Bandit2_DZ skin are able to travel in vehicles with players using other skins. If this is a problem, you will have to wait until Epoch is updated.
Note that other AI/mission addons may conflict with the hotfix and cause it to be useless.
The hotfix files and installation instructions are in the "Temporary hotfix for Epoch 1.0.4.2a" folder now included in the DZAI download package.

Remember to reinstall DZAI without the hotfix files when Epoch updates.

Download the hotfix included with the DZAI installation package here: https://github.com/dayzai/DZAI

I have finished checking that that the correct side relations have been set with the hotfix. It should be safe to use, but I can't guarantee anything as I don't have the time to test it personally.

This hotfix is no longer needed with Epoch 1.0.5+. If you have installed this, reinstall DZAI without the hotfix or restore any backups you have made before installing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back