Time Jump Need Help

ALKINDA

Valued Member!
ok so what i want is pure day and pure night, since im on a 4 hour restart 3 hours day and 1 hour night is kind of hard to come by. so ive tried to make a script to jump time to 20h

Code:
_hour = date select 3;
_timeToSkipTo = 20;

if(_hour => 14 ){
    titleText ["Turning the lights off, nap time.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
    sleep 5;
    titleFadeOut 1;
    skipTime (_timeToSkipTo - daytime + 24 ) % 24
}

i then execVM in init at the end, but didnt quite work out had some errors. didnt catch in log.

First of all anything to deal with titles and pictures that goes in the description file. Plus you have your code all wrong. Not sure what your doing with your if statement. All thàt does is check the date you input is correct.

First of all anything to deal with titles and pictures that goes in the description file. Plus you have your code all wrong. Not sure what your doing with your if statement. All thàt does is check the date you input is correct.

it checks to see if the time is 14 then switches the time with skiptime command.??

Well if you look at it then what you wrote and what you want are totally different lol.

_hour = date select 3; What that says is hour is equal to date and the 3rd position in a array. What you want is something like this...

Code:
_hour = daytime;

or

_hour = date;

if _hour => 14 then

do code

or

if _hour => the format date is in. I forgot the exact format. Lol
then do code.

But of course you'll have jip sync issues. And such....takes more coding which I have done but won't release. Lol :p Good luck.

Well if you look at it then what you wrote and what you want are totally different lol.

_hour = date select 3; What that says is hour is equal to date and the 3rd position in a array. What you want is something like this...

Code:
_hour = daytime;

or

_hour = date;

if _hour => 14 then

do code

or

if _hour => the format date is in. I forgot the exact format. Lol
then do code.

But of course you'll have jip sync issues. And such....takes more coding which I have done but won't release. Lol :p Good luck.

well thanks for the heads up, i just copied lines from the wiki and merged them together for a sudo. wasnt really accurate with the functions. really new to arma2 editing.

Np. Lol You just have to get your current time. From there you can set your checks and scripts to do what you want. After that it's a matter of syncing all clients and server. :)

Back