Time of Day Mismatch

Innuce

Not really sure best way to explain this...

Dayz.st server. 1.7.7.1 Chenarus map. Have several mods installed (Sarge AI, self-bb, halo spawn, debug monitor, tent ownership, tow/lift, animated heli crashsites, custom loot). Was running server with daylight only. 6 hour server restarts. Everything fine. Then...

Decided to install Street Lights and switched server to 24 hour day/night. Kept 6 hour server restarts. But now, there seems to be a bug that is shifting the time of day.
We have the time zone set to 2 hours later, so when we log on in the evening, it would be dark already. But when we do log on, it's a different time entirely, and it is still daylight. If we manually restart the server, then everything is fine and the time on the server matches what it's supposed to be.

I know this is kind of confusing. Anyhow, I removed the Street Lights mod, but the problem is still there. So then I removed all the mods back to vanilla. The problem goes away.

Just wondering if anyone knows which mod that might alter time & space, overriding the time zone and day/night settings of the control panel?

I found this bit in the server_monitor.sqf file. I wonder if the Force Full Moon Nights could mess with the time of day?

Code:
//Set the Time
    //Send request
    _key = "CHILD:307:";
    _result = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;
    _outcome = _result select 0;
    if(_outcome == "PASS") then {
        _date = _result select 1;

//date setup
        _year = _date select 0;
        _month = _date select 1;
        _day = _date select 2;
        _hour = _date select 3;
        _minute = _date select 4;

//Force full moon nights
        _date = [2012,6,6,_hour,_minute];

if(isDedicated) then {
            //["dayzSetDate",_date] call broadcastRpcCallAll;
            setDate _date;
            dayzSetDate = _date;
            publicVariable "dayzSetDate";
        };
        diag_log ("HIVE: Local Time set to " + str(_date));
    };

Ok, getting this narrowed down. It's not the full-moon nights, and it's nothing in the mission.pbo
So it has to be something in the server.pbo messing with the time sync.

Logged on a little while ago, and it was supposed to be 12:30am on the server. When I got on and checked my watch, it was about 11:40pm. This after I set the mission.pbo to stock and commented out the Force full moon nights.
I think all I have on the server pbo is the animated heli crashsites?

Nobody else experienced this issue?

It's just weird, seems like after you log out, time slows down. You log back on and it should be say 8pm, but it's only 6pm for example. You reset the server and now it's 8pm and everything is fine again until you log out.
I know it's not a serious issue, since I could simply restart the server when it happens, but that doesn't make it right.

Ok, not only does time slow down, but it's gradually going backwards! I logged out about 7:10pm server time, then logged back on awhile later, and it's 7:01pm! *Twilight Zone music*

I found it has nothing to do with Street Lights. If I uninstall Street Lights, it still does the time mismatch thing.
The only thing I can figure is it has something to do with the Server.pbo
Just haven't had the patience to uninstall everything and reinstall one by one to root it out.
Was hoping somebody else runs a day/night server on this site. I can't be the only one am I?

nah it wont fix it, but i've had this issue and it took awhile to fix. ended up being the admintools so i had to remove them. my advice is to do what i did and rebuild your server from scratch adding script by script and checking your RPT log for "Time sync" to ensure its working.

I'm thinking it either has something to do with Sarge AI, or Animated Heli Crashsites.
It's not a huge issue. Just thought maybe somebody else has come across the same thing and has a fix.

Ok, this is getting crazy.
Decided to relax and just play for a couple hours. My co-admin comes on and tells me it's daylight, but on my end it's night!
Our times were over 2 hours out of sync!
Time to roll up the sleeves and figure out which mod is whacked...

It's the Animated Heli Crashsites. Now I just gotta figure out why... Something with server_monitor.sqf
Still can't believe I'm the only one here running a night server with these mods. I mean, I can't be the only one who has ever come across this problem?

well to save you the time check the file that has the "check for hackers" thing with the vehicles and comment it out and see if it syncs.

No can do. Sarge AI uses that line of code. Maybe Halo Spawn too, not sure.

Code:
//Check for hackers
" \n "
{" \n "
    if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n "
    diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n "
        (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n "
        _x setDamage 1;" \n "
    };" \n "

Ok, I commented out those lines, but it didn't make any difference. So neither good or bad thing I guess.
Problem is, still having the time mismatch. Thought I had it narrowed down, but it's still there.
Strange, it went away for a day, then came back. All I did was add a couple more things to the mission folder. Nothing to do with the time of day even. I wonder if it's an issue with having so many mods?

Not real excited about having to rebuild the server from scratch. Especially if it winds up doing the same thing.
I'd stick with daylight servers like everyone else, but my co-admin really wants nights.

weird, i commented it out and worked like a charm, running missions, dzai, tower lights, house lights, street lights, clear roads, custom loot, admin tools, ai bus, anti combat logging, and crate fixes. prolly a few other things but i dont remember off the top of my head

Perhaps it's a dayz.st thing...

How far exactly did you comment lines? Everything I showed above or more? Less?

Back