Trading Post

Insanitee

Hey guys, I have been making a new server after my last one was overrun with hackers. I have been trying to making a Trading Post. I have the custom buildings and everything in place, and I have been trying to figure out two things.
1- How to make an ingame currency? I was thinking of making food and soda a currency, and you can trade that for guns or even vehicles.
2- How can you make a script to kick anyone who fires within the confines of the Trading Post?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

No 1 is pretty difficult and quite a lot of work, although possible. You would likely need to compile your own hive to enable the extra database fields for money and develop eventhandlers for money transactions. I know they do this in some of the arma 'life' mods, so you might be able to look at their code.

No 2 is more easy. Have a trigger in place and set on activation 'allowdamage=false' and deactivation set it back to 'true' again. I am pretty sure they do this in wasteland to stop team killing in the spawn markers.

So in the Arma 2 OA map editor, under trigger, the activation condition is, "allowdamage=false", the expression is blank, and the deactivation condition is, "allowdamage=true"? Sorry if I am noobing out

So in the Arma 2 OA map editor, under trigger, the activation condition is, "allowdamage=false", the expression is blank, and the deactivation condition is, "allowdamage=true"? Sorry if I am noobing out

I think so. Give it a try.

If you'r testing on your own (no one to shoot at you), put an AI in from the same side (WEST, USMC or whatever) and then in the init for your player, put 'this addRating -10000; ' - this should make them start shooting at you.

Back