Understanding coordinates in sql database

Antros

I found something about this elsewhere but the last number set is not the Z axis like I thought it was.

Anyone have a link or know how the last number works? I realize it's FACING,X,Y,?

it goes
facing, x,y,height

so you always want the last number to be 0 or 0.0 unless you want your spawn on the top of something

The world is generated based of a height map. So Assuming of this, I wouldn't be wrong in guessing that it is altitude from the ground level. But as your saying not a true Z axis.

The world is generated based of a height map. So Assuming of this, I wouldn't be wrong in guessing that it is altitude from the ground level. But as your saying not a true Z axis.

I also read that the Y axis is inverted or something, so if I put in 2500 it wouldn't actually be the 25 mark on the Y axis, any idea how to calculate that for the database?

152 - ( Y / 100 )

I realize my math isn't that great, but I'm still not getting a correct number.

Should I be using the Y in the database or the Y on the map?

If I use the Y in the database my answer is about 20 points off my actual Y axis. I hate being a pain but I really want to learn how this works.

Converting the values from the data base using the simple sum is an estimated value. due to having to "flip" the values. The game loads the data from top to bottom rather than bottom to top like a normal axis.

I did some testing and the best value to use would be 15360 - Y

My last Y on my server is 131 ish in the data base it is stored as 2231.31. That sum brings out 13129

Yeah I had to do some playing around with it, I really do wonder why the Y coord is changed like that. We're also having problems with the vehicle ID list, it's way off.

Back