Understanding/Optimizing server_cleanup.fsm

Grafzahl

Valued Member!
hey guys,

right now i do some research regarding performance-optimizations and such stuff... the file that does all the cleanup-stuff is the server_cleanup.fsm... i understand most of the code, but how often the functions will be executed?

As an example: I want to execute the general_cleanup-function more often, because it deletes empty groups, which would solve the "Create Vehicle Restriction #1" issue, that happens when Arma reaches its 144 Group-Limitations. So, what should i change if i want to clean empty groups every 20 seconds?

Code:
item10[] = {"general_cleanup",2,250,-75.000000,200.000000,25.000000,250.000000,0.000000,"general" \n "cleanup"};

This i think are some parameters for the function, but because there is no documentation, i have no idea what i should change ^^

I also lowered the amount of maximum dead bodys from 300 to 150, but do you think this has a large impact on performance?

Ok, most important part for me is to fix create vehicle #1, so i would just need to exec general_cleanup more often.

iam not sure if its effected by running the cleanup script more often.
in 1.7.7.1 my server is often 10 minutes after restart stuck because of createvehicle...
in 1.7.7 i never had createvehicle issues (7 days running).
i made the experience that this issue happens more if more players are connecting while the server state is at creating.

Download FSM Editor which is included in BI Tools 2, and you'll have a nice GUI to help you understand some of the code.

Back