Vilayer Dayz Epoch Server

insanesanity

Hello,
I'm new to the forums and I feel kind of like a leech to come here asking for help. I normally wouldn't, but it is my last resort. I've looked for the past 2 days researching forum after forum on instructions on how to get addons running on a Vilayer server. I've figured out that when connecting to the database that they have all of the server and mission pbo's already decompiled. I've watched all of Vilayer's instructional videos for new admins, but nothing for adding in addons. I just cannot find any resources to teach myself any of this.

I've downloaded a few addons and placed the files where they told me, but sometimes the instructions call for files that aren't there. There are no clear resources that I could find to read. I managed to get Sarge AI working to some degree. So my question is, is there anyone out there that can help me find some resources to learn or just give me a good nudge in the right direction? Thanks for your time.

If you'd like to help you can reach me on Skype: insane_sanity_
Or PM me here. Thanks!

I can't directly help with vilayer, but I'll happily help with explaining how you add In scripts and how you get hold of files that you need to change. Just pm me if you need help

I can't directly help with vilayer, but I'll happily help with explaining how you add In scripts and how you get hold of files that you need to change. Just pm me if you need help

Thanks! I think I've learned Vilayer's method of how they use the Server and Mission PBO's. They come pre-decompiled and all you have to do is insert the scripts/addons in the proper places and then start the server. The server auto-compiles on every start. With that being said, I still get fouled up on certain areas of installation. Thank you guys for the help. I've had about 3 people willing to help me within a 24 hour period. Once I learn how everything works I'll be sure to stay here and offer help to others. Cheers!

Back