Yeah, i realy dont know... seems like most of the team-members want different things then i want ^^
So only contribute or help on the bits you do want or would like to see?
Frankly though I don't think you or anyone else has any idea of what we actually have in mind. We haven't even hinted at a lot of what we're planning.
Most of the SD Weapons are very weak, do a lot damage, but you need to be a real pro to hit a moving target because of the bullet-traveltime. We had the MK17 SD tested on my namalsk server, and no one wanted it because it has such a long bullet traveltime, that even with zeroing its hard to hit someone. The non-silenced MK17 does the same amount of damage, has a much higher zeroing and.... nearly sounds silence for other players.... it only effects zombies.
The damage of the MK17 and Vintorez should be equal, or the vintorez makes more damage... none of both is a one-hit-wonder. I dont like jets, i dont like tanks... i like it a bit realistic. But why not more types of unarmed planes?
Again I like the MK17 Sniper SD and pushed for it to be unbanned, I will use your info to further attempt to convince the team it's the right decision. We are ALWAYS open to suggestion and changed decisions. We can only deal with the perspectives that are brought to our attention. I'd say if there is anything I do, do well, it's try to stir conversation.
Thats wrong

Its normal that 90% of all servers are idling at 0 players. Players tend to join servers which are full and have some specials. More Servers, more specials -> More players, every server more attracts more players... if your mod has cool new weapons, vehicles and stuff like that -> more players. I mean, look at Breaking Point (dont like the mod), its buggy as hell, stitched together from 10 other dayz-mods, and people stay on the mod. And then have a look at vanilla dayz servers.... 95% of the vanilla dayz server never hit more then 10 players, and the other 5% are customized to the max...
I think breaking point had it's fun, and people will eventually greatly appreciate us sticking to our guns and only releasing features after we're sure they are intelligently implemented, and functioning properly.
Also keep in mind most of BP's popularity is due to it's including the UI modding pbo with their package. We are building that functionality into our mod, so next update should drastically change our exposure level. All the streamers who don't stream anything but BP for the UI might start giving us some more exposure.
You realy want to take a "No answer" as a no? I mean, most of the packs are more then a year old, most of the creators are not active any more.... most of the copyrights allow you to use it on your mod.... would be a shame to not include cool stuff only because the creator of the files is to lazy or doesnt read his mails anymore.
It's not a matter of want, it's a matter of following the rules. See I will get banned from both Armaholic, and Bohemia Forums if I just use peoples stuff w/o permission EVEN if I've asked and they don't reply... EVEN IF they are KNOWN to be uncontactable... Those are the rules, and we benefit WAY too much from that community to even consider risking that.
HOWEVER, having said all that, Yes, I actually do want to take the high road and not use a single thing I'm not expressly told I can. It literally makes me fucking crazy that Dean Hall hasn't given me express permission, but since it's officially 100pct BI property now I'm just going to ask them. They should likely give me the ok.
The Lapua Magnum is unbanned but wasnt on any loottable... also the M4A1 Holo SD, Mk12 SPR, Silenced AK74 & Sa61 (by default, only the ammo spawns, but not the gun), i also changed the loottables a bit, the M8 is much to common for its power, also the dmr lays in every third barrack by default. I deleted the M107 and AS50 and replaced them with the lapua magnum, i increased the spawnrate of AK74-PSO and other low/medium-damage snipers... it was pretty deathmatch before i lowered the spawnrates.... even now there are 5 people online with dmrs, and i reduced the spawnrate to 25% of the original one.
Will pass along these notes, we will not remove the AS or M107 though. We are likely going to modify the ammo and gun characteristics.
Most of the players love that some of the weapons only spawn on my AI-"Sector B"-Like Island, and they have to kill the commander to loot the weapon from him...but because all the loot/weapons of the npc is random, you never know what you get

Next Plan is to put a 50cal offroader on rahmadi, so landing there with a heli most of the time will be a one-way-trip
I'm not trying to diminish your efforts, and believe me I like a lot of what you're doing, but what you don't seem to get is ideas like that (only FAR more robust) have been in the can for 5 months... we just had to wait on permissions, we're still waiting on files, and no one wanted to help while we waited for permissions to do a public release. So we didn't spend any time on it for fear of it all falling apart and being wasted efforts.
We would LOVE for you or anyone else to spend their time and efforts trying to join the conversation and find out what's planned instead of just assuming we don't have any because we haven't announced them.
No matter how much time you spend customizing your server, the things we will do in the official mod will be more jaw dropping, and more player drawing than anything you can accomplish as an external modifier.
And that's not saying anything about your abilities, it's a simple access thing, if you don't have access to the core mod you can't get anywhere near the level of detail we can when implementing features like AI and end game stuff... or zone specific spawns, features, events, clutter, vehicles, etc etc etc etc...
Believe me you don't have ANY clue what we have planned.
If you want, i could give you some details about the modifications on my server, i didnt make it a deathmatch-server, i made most of the weapons a lot more rare... my self-bloodbagging can kill you and gives you only a low amount of blood, tents can be packed by everyone so you can be a badass and "burn" everything you find... anti-combatlog-bots... all stuff that makes it harder to survive.
I'd love for you to join the convo, and the dev team as I've said multiple times. But again without you having first seen the REALLY REALLY huge list of mapped out mechanics and features we have, your contributions or suggestions might turn out to be redundant or inferior... obviously some might be MUCH better than anything we've thought of... but I don't like sitting and listening to people's ideas who aren't even willing to see or discuss ours first.
We have ideas and features for this mod that EVERY time I tell people about them they're like... HOW has no one thought of that before??!!?!
If you're not interested or whatever, then feel free to spout off whatever changes you've done or would like to see done. We will read it and go over it, but as with EVERYTHING else, without you on board, we're likely not going to use it "as is"...