What does DayZ Epidemic offer?

Krixes

Staff member
DayZ Epidemic as you guys may have read from the "What is DayZ Epidemic?" forum is a mod that takes place during the first few weeks of the apocalypse. That being said it is based a lot around fighting of military and hazmat units that are trying to clean up the infection. The mod runs on the newest 1.7.7.1 dayz backbone.

This mod takes place on a custom Celle 2 at the moment and will be ported to other maps depending on how well it does and the needs / wants of the community.

A lot of the features with this mod was to make it feel newer as if the apocalypse had only begun yesterday. We brought in new shiny cars and new customizable guns to further secure this environment. We also brought in hazmat units and a "Sanctuary" they have held up in.

Below you will find a feature list with brief descriptions. (screenshot's and video to come)....

Feature List:

Hazmat Units: These guys are tough and take up the majority of the AI that are on the map. You may also find a hazmat suit to wear yourself someday.

Soldier Units: These guys are dynamic spawns with a percent chance to spawn anywhere on the map. You can find certain pieces for the customizable weapons on these guys.

AirRaid Bombings: Currently every town has a chance to be bombed after the sounds of an air raid siren sound out in the middle of town. After these bombings hazmat units get dropped to clear out anything left alive.

Sanctuary: This is where the military has fallen back too during the strange event's that was beginning to take place. They have built a fairly large city enclosed inside an enormous circular wall they have constructed to keep out infected. They have had a maze constructed at the front entrance to further try and keep out the undead. This system is failing and the undead are starting to take over. It is said there are ammo crates somewhere inside these walls that hold the most precious of the loot.

Ammo Boxes: There are 3 ammo boxes inside Sanctuary that hold some of the best loot in the game. These boxes spawn in several random locations and contain random loot from a loot table that has been set.

Customizable Weapons: We take full advantage of the ASC Customizable Weapons pack. Every gun that can be modified has been changed to the ASC equivalent. Weapon mods also spawn in the correct loot tables.

New Guns: Not only do we have customizable weapons but we have lot's of new pistols you can find throughout all different types of loot tables from the RH pistol pack remake.

5 Helicopters: There are 5 AI driven helicopters roaming the map. Each of these helicopters may be shot down and blown up. The helicopters will spawn a helicopter crash site where they have crash landed complete with a full set of random military loot.

All Time Melee: We are proud to announce that we have constructed a weapon melee system that you do not have to use a hatchet, crowbar or machete with. You may use the "Spacebar" to execute a weapon stock hit that will kill zombies in 2 hits or you may not have a primary weapon yet or a secondary for that matter, that is ok as you will still be able to melee zombies by punching them in the face. This takes more hits but works when you are a weaponless new spawn in a pinch. Each of the melee hits have their own animations and sounds.

New Cars/Helicopters: These cars are there to add a sense of newness to the mods environment. There are lots of new cars and helicopters. Challengers, Hemi Cudas, Prison Buses, Gyrocopters and Para-gliders. Lot's and lot's of new things to try out and discover.

BaseBuilding: This feature is not in yet but will be shortly. Many of you know of the BaseBuilding mod Daimyo has constructed and released to the community. DayZ Epidemic will take full advantage of this when he releases the newest patches.

Halo Jump: You will halo jump in on fresh spawns and respawns. This is to take advantage of the backstory to the mod. Once you land, it's your story to create from there.

Map Changes: There are lot's of map changes including one of the biggest AI driven bases "Sanctuary" that you will find in your journey. Many new stores and buildings have been hand placed on the map to give it a better feel.

3 New Backpacks: The Oakly, a 30 slot bag. The Condor, a 34 slot bag and the Titan, a 40 slot bag can be found randomly inside all 3 of the ammo boxes that spawn in "Sanctuary". These all take advantage of the Len Backpack mod.

There are lots more features planned depending on how well this mod takes hold of the community.

I probably have missed some features but this will get updated over time. Please leave comments and other things below if you have something to share or know.

Please do not post bugs here.

Love this mod , just been testing it out and I got some friends in (if that's okay ) and we all love it also if is okay I'd love to do a first impressions video of this mod with my friends and then so a little series on it when loads of people are on in public release but the first impressions will be us testing out the new features if you will let us

Love this mod , just been testing it out and I got some friends in (if that's okay ) and we all love it also if is okay I'd love to do a first impressions video of this mod with my friends and then so a little series on it when loads of people are on in public release but the first impressions will be us testing out the new features if you will let us

I have no problem with that. Would love to see the video. :)

this is great Krix!!!! I love to see talented minds in the mod community giving us MORE options and more FEATURES, instead of dayz dev team taking so much away. I have a thread in >scripting/addon>help/troubleshooting, about whitelisting the ASC weapon customization action for my antihack if you know more about it i would really appreciate it if you could comment :) This will make 3 dayz mods using ASC with no info on making this work.

this is great Krix!!!! I love to see talented minds in the mod community giving us MORE options and more FEATURES, instead of dayz dev team taking so much away. I have a thread in >scripting/addon>help/troubleshooting, about whitelisting the ASC weapon customization action for my antihack if you know more about it i would really appreciate it if you could comment :) This will make 3 dayz mods using ASC with no info on making this work.

Thank you for recognizing my talent! :) I will have a look at the thread but I dunno if I will be of much use as I don't know a lot of how the anti-hack works. I will try though.

Server files? I really wanna host a PVE server :)

Ah yes, the server files will be available soon. I have a few more bugs to work out before I will release it. I don't really want to release a buggy mod although there really isn't any game breaking bugs at the moment. There are on the other hand a few that needs to be fixed before release.

Just a while longer while I work out the remaining bugs. :)

are the 'TF86 navyseal'' skins and australian 'SOTG' skins included in this mod? I am currently runing dayz civillian on my dedicated box and was curious... since these are 'mods' of 'mods' can server owners add extra addons to it as well??

are the 'TF86 navyseal'' skins and australian 'SOTG' skins included in this mod? I am currently runing dayz civillian on my dedicated box and was curious... since these are 'mods' of 'mods' can server owners add extra addons to it as well??

No sir those skins are not in, I do on the other hand have the coding done for hazmat suits but do not have them in the loot tables yet. They are wearable though. I have plans in the future to add a lot more skins you can find.

Yes server owners can add whatever they like to it and it will work just fine. The other useful feature I have done since I am using SARGE AI for the "Sanctuary" raid, I left SARGE AI in the mission folder so that people can tweak AI to their liking, skills, weapons, difficulty ect ect.

I tried to make this mod user friendly and customizable. :)

well man, if you need a testerone of our server owner is following the mod pretty closely, and is interested in giving it a run.

Hey Krixes
love the mod, great work . I run a private server right now, its running overwatch but my guys and I are waiting for your server file to switch it over to DayZ Epidemic. We will keep checking back , till then keep up the good work !!!

Hey, Apex from the UFP facebook page here. I tried the mod out yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. Me and the UFP admins will open a server and start promoting your mod in hopes that you will continue improving and adding base building. I feel you guys have a lot of potential with this one. Good work!

Heya Apex :) I am one of the UFP facebook followers. That's awesome news. There is going to be a big update coming soon, this last few weeks have been rather hectic for me and one of the other devs. We do have quite a lot of plans for the mod, a few which haven't been announced yet while we work on some bug fixes.
We do keep checking on the basebuilding, I believe we are waiting for the update before we add it to the mod. Thanks for your kind words!

Back